• Thread starter Deleted member 3568
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 3568

Never tried a truck before but saw this and had some birthday money soon,
2rmxysk.jpg

D

Deleted member 3568

Not sure what's happening here. Trying to paint the rad and fan blade washed the sprue as normal in soapy water but the paint won't stick I've primed it and taken it off 3 times (other parts on the same sprue were fine first time) the rad and the fan blade just won't seem to take the paint (it looks like a grease problem) I've scrubbed it with meths even but still get the same problem.

Help.

First Name
Stuart
I was going to get this exact one few days ago glad I didn't wold be no comparison to your build .
Look forward to it great start Ken

T

Trekkie_John

Just gone daft with the 'likes' Ken. Nice job so far matey.

Have fun, John

D

Deleted member 3568

Hey mate it's not a competition I'm sure yours would be just as good.

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all done a bit more to this super detailed chassis (Not done a truck before I'm amazed how much detail there is just in the chassis) I think I'm only about half way through it.
2zsxuyq.jpg

I've started on the cab also. I used foil on the roof
30bdbva.jpg

I think it looks too clean so I weathered it a bit and added some other details.
28vzrq8.jpg

mb24k2.jpg

S

steve5

your incredible ken , boat's , bike's , truck's , and all at once , I'm flat out doing 1 boat at a time LOL .

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all made a concerted effort on the chassis today, still a bit more to add (this really is a great kit I'm loving this as much as the London bus)
18oh3d.jpg

2us7afn.jpg

2qiqx.jpg

nbyngh.jpg

2aj6po8.jpg

2hfp4e1.jpg

11jc0ih.jpg

D

Deleted member 3568

Done a bit more to this amazing kit, the fit of parts is perfect, they really have done a great job of this kit the parts are such a good fit I've used no glue on any of this part.
53lenc.jpg

2uxy0pe.jpg

nqu15x.jpg

r1l7aq.jpg

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all I love this kit, the fit is exceptionally good and the detail is great, again no glue
2gt4z1v.jpg

64p9bq.jpg

I tried a failed experiment the instructions say aluminium for this part so I tried aluminium foil
mw9mdz.jpg

Yes I could try again but there are far more complex bits that have an aluminium background and this looks awful so I think I will use paint (although the ally doors will be simple enough with foil)