Revell 1/24 London bus

• Thread starter Deleted member 3568
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all my daughter bought me this kit for Christmas, I didn't really know what to do with it at the time (those who know me know I hardly ever do out of the box) I had I quick look in the box and made all the right noises at the time, I've had a few ideas of what to do with it and I had an idea I would do it as a sightseeing bus and cut the roof off and light it up so tonight I opened the box for a look at what would be involved, I have to say it was quite a shock, there are so many parts and it looks so complex, even to build oob without doing anything else to it. It's back in the box and in the stash till I feel more able to tackle it, it truly looks like a great kit though, no flash at all that I can see and very crisp detail.

peterairfix

SMF Supporter
First Name
peter
I could make a suggestion how about doing the non lengthened route master it just involves taking out  the centre set of square windows as the original routemasters were lengthened by adding the centre windows

D

Deleted member 3568

Thanks Peter, not too worried about the length of it, I know you built it, I take my hat off to you, it's a complex kit.

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all I was in Hunstanton over the weekend and nipped into the LMS and spied this (among other things) and had an idea for the most ambitious diorama I've ever tried I won't be starting it till I've finished a few I have on the go at the moment, here's the plan.

I've just bought revells 1/24 4.5 litre Bentley.

6eoxz9.jpg

I'm now going to get a 1/24 taxi a mini,an E Type jaguar and a Roller I'm going to put them with the bus on a Base with one of the London stations and maybe a phone box and a PO box (depends on whether I can find a 60s pic of one of the stations with a phone box or PO box in the pic.

As I said my most ambitious idea to date and it will mean destroying some of my completed dios as I won't have room for them, I've a lot of things to collect first and a lot of research to do, then plan out make it as small as I can and still be believable.

Luckily London has always been packed with vehicles nose to tail and of course I can use both lanes going and coming, lots to think about, I'm figuring a start maybe October.

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Well that will keep you off the streets and out of trouble!

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
Great idea Ken and set into a diorama in the swinging 60s don't forget the mini skirts! *PEACE*  ¬¬

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
It is a nice kit, I had one and sold it as I was struggling with my hands-still am. Part of me regrets it as Peter's model was superb.

I am sure it will look superb Ken, and a great idea.