Revell 1:24 VW Samba Bus

M

Mike100

My wife’s wanted me to build one of these for years so now I’m finally doing it
I’m not doing it as per box it’s gonna have a bit of bling nice wheels lowered etc . I’ve made a start

M

Mike100

Starting out with the wheels and altering the front end first to get it sitting nice then I will move on to doing the rear end also .
Still sitting a bit to high here !
6DBCC85F-9631-4D0B-B9AF-AC376A8EE42D.jpeg5E8847CB-74A8-4137-A230-AB29DAFC3CF4.jpeg

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
a nice start to this one,

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Looking good Mike.
Me and the missus had one like the box art in the early '70's. Ours was blue, but didn't have a sun roof though. It had ash woodwork and velour upholstery. A heater that was just a tube with a flap on the top. Column gear change, a hand brake that came out of the dash board, a 6 volt electric system - best of all a one piece bench front seat!!!

My first son used to travel strapped in his carry cot, which rested on the back shelf above the engine - This left just enough room to get my surfboard in through the back window....Happy days:smiling4:

Your build has brought back some great memories of easy going, non p.c., peaceful times. I thank you for that.

Ron

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
I built this kit a while back, but didn't make any changes like your doing. I just gave it the older but loved look, with a 60s twist paint job.
Looking forward to watching this develop. Great start.