Revell 1:32 Bf109 G-10

Hello,

I've just started my next build, Revell's 1:32 Bf109 G-10. I've never built a 1:32 model before, mainly due to size, cost, skill etc but recently decided to take the plunge.

This isn't going to be a quick build, mainly due to the difference in scale!

Work started in the cockpit as usual, all parts were sprayed mid grey over a black undercoat to allow some subtle shading [although it's not really visible in the photos].

View attachment 93718

I removed the moulded seatbelts and bought the Eduard PE set however, after thinking about it, I made my own belts using the buckles provided in the Eduard set. I think they look a little less 'flat' than the PE ones [but feel free to disagree!]

View attachment 93719

I used a combination of Revell and Airscale decals on the IP. I've added a drop of Klear to the dial faces [just visible in the photos below].

View attachment 93720

Here's where I am now - the cockpit has been matted down and partially assembled. If I'm honest, I'm really pleased how it's turned out so far.

View attachment 93721

I've also taped the fuselage together and it looks [and fits] great!

View attachment 93722

That's it for now, thanks for looking!

Matt

1.jpg

2.jpg

4.jpg

3.jpg

5.jpg

D

dubster72

That cockpit looks great Matt! You might want to look for Vaughan's build on here - I think his was the G-6, but I guess both Revell kits are much the same.

Cheers

Patrick

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Dont think you have to worry about the skills part. You got that cock pit looking very nice!

Ian M

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
very nice start ,and have to agree with Ian,the cockpit looks great, ;)

P

Polux

Excellent paintwork, wash and subtle chipping effect on the seat.

Fantastic cockpit so far!!

dave

SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Good start, I may have to pinch the idea of a drop of kleer on the dials of the instrument panel, it looks good.

I've bought the Barracuda replacement exhausts [mainly to avoid having to drill out the kit parts!] and they arrived today and look great. Undecided whether or not to use the cooling scoops that you also get in the set - they also look good but I don't know if I can be bothered!

R

Reelo

If I can give you ONE piece of advice: get the eduard Brassin landing gear (bronze legs for the G-6, but they fit the G-10 as well) they're VERY well worth the money!

This coming from someone who's built the G-6 and the G-10

D

dubster72

Those exhausts look excellent Matt! Worth bearing in mind for when I tackle this kit.

Some progress at last! Wheel bulges had noticeable sink marks which took some time to fill and sand [no doubt I'll need to do more once I've applied some primer!]. Wings have now been fitted to the fuselage:

View attachment 95876

Matt

18.jpg

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Great work Matt. The cockpit looks superb and you're making great progress - shouldn't be too long before you'll be deciding on a paint scheme.

All the best

Paul

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Great looking cockpit Matt and those exhausts really look superb , its great how a small detail like the hollowed ends can make a massive difference to the look of a model, the small extra cost is well worth it , cheers tony