Revell 1/32 Grumman Martlet V

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Cheers tim , im priming the fuselage today so we’ll see later how the reinstated panel lines and rivets have turned out! Tony

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Tony
You're really going to town with this. Primer always shows up any problem areas but I'm sure yours will be fine :thumb2:

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Heres the fuselage in primer , I reckon the re instated panel lines and screws/rivets just about pass muster. The primer has highlighted a few seams that need a little bit more attention but this is easily sorted with a lick of vallejo acrylic putty and a quick swipe with a fine sanding stick. The tyres didnt turn out too bad either after being sanded and turned. The outer wings have both had the ailerons cut off and deflected upwards , the three hinges on each one having to be cut out and replaced with square plastic strip so they are in line with the wing. Once the wings are primed its about ready for the colour ,however the first thing i might do is the invasion stripes -the kit decal sheet supplies these but they always look better painted. cheers tonyDSCN2870 (Copy).JPGDSCN2871 (Copy).JPGDSCN2872 (Copy).JPGDSCN2873 (Copy).JPGDSCN2874 (Copy).JPGDSCN2875 (Copy).JPGDSCN2876 (Copy).JPG

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Got a bit more done on this today. I painted the whole thing black about a week ago before i went on holiday so i when I got back into the shed today it was nice and cured. Ive sprayed white onto this in the centre of panels etc and a bit randomly on the wings so hopefully when the top coats go on itll give a bit of depth and variation. It looks a bit ghostly at the moment but im hoping it works. Next step is the sky undersides ,cheers tonyDSCN2879 (Copy).JPGDSCN2880 (Copy).JPG

J

Jim Barry

Gotta have that patience to go through ugly duckling phase. Soon you'll get swan!

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Tony

Pre shading has come out well and a great base for the base coat. Good luck

Steve

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Tony
Looking good. Preshade has worked very well. I am sure your painted stripes will look far better than using the decals.
Jim

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Masked up for the black stripes and got them sprayed on -then when moving a box it fell onto the model ,breaking off one of the lower sections of the undercarriage legs! Oh bother said I (or something like that:tongue-out3:) So that needs fixing . On the plus side the stripes looked fine once i had taken off all the masking tape just a few tiny touch ups on the white needed. once thats done I'll be giving it a coat or two of Klear or suchlike ready for decals.DSCN2892.JPGDSCN2893.JPGDSCN2894.JPGDSCN2895.JPG

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Thats come out really well. You must be pleased:thumb2: Shame about the damage. Hopefully all fixed now

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Cheers steve , not fixed yet ,I'm having a night off , but hopefully it will glue back together ok.