Revell 1:32 He 111 P-1

D

Doug Hughes

Looking great, Colin. Commiserations over the Microsol/gloss coat debacle - what sort of gloss varnish do you use? I only really get tense while modelling during the gloss/matt varnishing stage - so much work to spoil if it goes wrong. Sounds like you recovered things well, though.

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
what sort of gloss varnish do you use
It was Humbrol clear. I've used it before many times with no problems. Anyway, I've just this very minute finished painting the damaged decals with my smallest brush before applying the mat coat tomorrow. The repairs are visible, but under the mat coat, I think will be acceptable.

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
It was Humbrol clear. I've used it before many times with no problems. Anyway, I've just this very minute finished painting the damaged decals with my smallest brush before applying the mat coat tomorrow. The repairs are visible, but under the mat coat, I think will be acceptable.
I always give the decals a light wash with warm water after using Set and Sol when its all dried Colin,

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
I always give the decals a light wash with warm water after using Set and Sol when its all dried Colin,
That's something I've not bothered with before, but certainly will next time. Dealing with a reaction on a 1:72 model isn't too much of a problem. But at 1:32, everything seems so much bigger, including the problems !!

First Name
Gwyn
Well done Colin, this is looking great and well worth the hours you have put into it.

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
this is looking great
Thanks Gwyn, hours, yes its certainly had lots of those.

So, decals are done and repaired (look closely at the number 3, slightly out of shape - but not too bad for hand painted). For a large model like this, it doesn't have too much in the way of decals. What it does have though are quite big.
IMG_0650.JPG

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
It's finished. So at last I can have a big tidy up. I have space again.