Revell 1/32 JU88A-1

M

Messerschmitt

Nice progress! I bought Revell 1:32 JU88 A-4 few days ago, i think its basically same plane ?

First Name
Mike
Looking really nice Vaughan, is that cockpit interior all out-of-box? 
eek_zps86d41972.gif

(Sorry to hear about the heart scare, hope you're OK.)

Vaughan

SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
Yes this one's completely out of the box the detail is very good all I need to add is some seat harnesses.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Hooe your feeling a bit better Vaughan, must have been a scare. You get yourself better mate and dont worry about the models , cheers tony

BarryW

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
Hi Vaughan, sorry to hear about the health scare - do look after yourself first and foremost.

Nice to see that you are back on the bench and I look forward to progress on this one.

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
You take it steady Vaughan, so sorry to hear about the heart problem.

Back to the build looking very good indeed.

Vaughan

SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
Hooe your feeling a bit better Vaughan, must have been a scare. You get yourself better mate and dont worry about the models , cheers tony

Yes it sure was we were visiting Juno Beach at the time and luckily the museum is run by Canadians so there was no problem getting help. Spent a night in Caen Hospital after having an Angiogram. Results were good but there is a suggestion that I might of had some inflammation on the heart pericarditis they call it. I was checked out by my Consultant when we got home and he feels all is good. I don't seem to have had much luck this past year 3 addmissions to hospital and I now have 6 stents. Just trying to get back to normal is my aim and to get a bit of modelling in too it's been two months since I picked a modelling knife and a sanding stick. 

D

Deleted member 4539

Look after yourself and take your time :smiling3: .

By the way nice work so far.

Vaughan

SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
Hi all have had this one on the back burner since August 2016. How it was left was that the model was complete and masked ready for painting . This is where I have picked it up from. The underside has been sprayed RLM65 last night. I have bought a new bottle of Model air RLM 70,71 for the splinter camo. I thought it best as this a large model and the bottle I have I've had for some time so nice to start with fresh bottles. I've also invested in some airbrush flow improver as the sessions will be quite long. I don't seem to have anymore photos of my progress to this point although the props bay doors and machine guns have been completed. I found the parts in a margarine tub under my desk and the plane has been in various locations. Anyway I'm looking forward to completing this one.(not sure where it's going to live as I don't have any shelf space left:rolling:.

IMG_20190416_154433.jpgIMG_20190416_154448.jpgIMG_20190416_154606.jpg

Last edited:

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Vaughan
Just had a catch up. Hope you are now fully recovered from your heart scare. Certainly a very famous town to be hospitalised in.
Great job with the build. Neat pre-shade. Looking forward to the painting and weathering.
Jim

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Looking good Vaughan. I have the A4 in the stash and cannot wait to build it. This A1 kit looks great

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
Hi Vaughan
I've just had a quick catch-up- looking very good. I have this one in my stash too , so I will be watching for tips!
If it's anything like your Arado it will be a stunner. I presume you're doing a Battle of Britain scheme?
cheers
Neil

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
I was wondering how you would follow the Ardo... Now I know.

Vaughan

SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
By the way Ian has your canopy arrived yet? As I'm still waiting for mine.

Vaughan

SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
Neil as far as I can remember I had no real issues with the build. The wing tips had to have some plastic card inserted because of the gap but that's about all. I've now started the mammoth task of masking she's a big bird. Looks like I will need buy some more Tamiya tape though!!

IMG_20190417_101407.jpg

Vaughan

SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
Well after several hours this morning and a whole 17mm bottle of RML71 I have got the first coat down. Doubtless there will be some touchups needed. I used Vallejos airbrush flow improver because of the prolonged spraying time, this seems to have helped. I will leave the paint to harden off for a couple of days before I mask up for the splinter pattern as the flow improver slows the drying time. It's not been too much fun spraying as my spray booth is way too small for this type of model so it's been half in and half out most of the time.

IMG_20190417_120310.jpgIMG_20190417_120415.jpg

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
A whole bottle. Dude. Lol.
A thing I have found helpful in the past with 'oversized' models is a GBCBB.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
By the way Ian has your canopy arrived yet? As I'm still waiting for mine.
Not yet, I guess it might be due to Easter. I'm in no rush though.

When I have masked large things up I use Tamiya tape around the edges and fill the gap with either paper or plastic bag cut into sections.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Vaughan
That looks good. A lot of tape and paint. Next time pop down to your local car body shop and see if they could help out !
Jim