Revell 1/48 P-61 Black Widow

D

dubster72

You've done a lovely job there Maglar, that looks a really nice build, even though I do tanks & not aircraft. But I remember the old Monogram kit fro the 70's, of which this is a re-release I think & that might account for the poor fit issues. But isn't it always more satisfying to produce such a good result from a kit with problems! Well done again. Patrick

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
nice job maglar! As patrick rightly says this is the old monogram kit reissued by revell , as a kid i always liked the look of this beast ,maybe one day ill get round to building one. I know what you mean about the fit,some monogram kits were really detailed for their time but didnt always slot together like ,say ,a tamiya kit,but then again. to quote patrick again , thats all the more satisfying when you get a great result like this. well done ,cant wait to see whats coming next. cheers tony:welldone:

B

Bojo

:terrific:

Great job. The Weathering is well done. Love the affect of the paint chips.

M

Maglar

Thanks all! Don't think I went crazy with the blade for chipping, I had my references.. :smiling3: . And yes, nothing better then building a difficult kit and making it look great. Some manufacturers hand people a beautiful model with the perfect fits and photo etch and such, but, it's really rewarding building one of these.

R

Richy C

That looks great , I love this military stuff ie- tanks , armour , aircraft etc and the way they can be weathered and aged , it brings the model to life.

nice one

Richy.

S

Spring12

Returning modeller

\ said:
Here she is, what a build it was! Too much time spent on filling in the seams on about every part of the plane, esp. the booms. But, it really builds into a nice model. I went straight on with the weathering for a real beat up bird!Enjoy -
Very nice job, sir! I'm returning to plastic scale aircraft modelling after 40 years. I just bought this kit (Revell P-61 Widow Maker 1/48) at the Reno Air Races! I have started assembling a small stash of kits and I'm going to build scratchbuilding skills to make them shine. The bug has got me again and I think I may have AMS too. Cheers!

A

andyrobs

Great Build Maglar, I know exactly all the problems with this kit, I've got it 70% complete but haven't touched for ages, all the bad fit and filling put me off, but I think I'm gonna have to get it finished!!!!!

Cheers, Andrew

BarryW

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
Excellent build, well done. I built this many years ago and fancy a try at the Great Wall kit of this aircraft and may do so as a break from 32 scale....

First Name
Dave
Just noticed this was posted nearly 3 years ago!.Looks like a few of us missed that.

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
Hi and welcome to the forum Spring12, who seems to be the person who has brought this thread back to the surface.

Hope you you'll show us some of your builds and did you get any photos at the air races that you would like to share.

Tony.