Revell 1/48 Westland Wessex HAS Mks.3

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Nice work so far John. That scheme you've selected is a colourful one, great stuff. Look forward to all the progress reports :smiling3:

First Name
Dave
\ said:
Hannants has to be the worst website for finding stuff unless you know exactly what you are looking for. I wanted some gun barrels a few years back and I couldn't find them so I ordered from Poland. When I got the bits I was able to locate them at Hannants using part numbers and other references, direct from Poland was cheaper anyway.
Classic helicopter so will be worth watching. Are you keeping the yellow and blue scheme? Looks very nice.
I find the easiest way to find bits on Hannants web site is to find your kit on there first.Click on the kit and there will be a list of everything they sell for it at the bottom of the page. Of course, this only works if theyve got your kit in their stock!.

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
Not wanting to make anymore seat belts :confused::mad::eek:sad:6sets)for the seating in the rear I've decided the Wessex will be air dropping vital emergency supplies ;) ;) ;) :smiling3: .

Thanks for looking in and any help/comments cheers John more later......................

image.jpg

image.jpg

Robert1968

SMF Supporter
First Name
Robert
I like the idea with the holo stuffed to the gunnels with supplies ( as you say bests those seat belts ( 6 sets ) ouch!!

Love the cockpit detail

Really nice

Regards

Robert

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
Small update as work and decorating takes up most of my time at the moment. :eek:

So spreading myself thinly across the four builds I have on the go and I've just started another figure.:confused:

Applied the yellow (humbrol) and the clear gloss tried carefully to lift masking from canopy but some of the paint came with it so part of this I will have to redo. :D The cargo for the hold as been sorted.

More later......................

Thanks for looking in and any comments left. Cheers John image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Nicely painted so far John. Yellow is a shocking colour to apply, you've achieved a smooth looking job.

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
very nice work so far on this one,like the cockpit,do like the fading of the color , ;)

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
\ said:
Nicely painted so far John. Yellow is a shocking colour to apply, you've achieved a smooth looking job.
Cheers Joe there are four coats of yellow paint each one knocked back with fine grit paper. I'll just have to wait a few days before I redo the canopy and apply the blue. :smiling3:

Robert1968

SMF Supporter
First Name
Robert
Liking this more and more the yellow has turned out well and although troubled masking ( happens to the best at times )

Coming along very nicely

Regards

Robert

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
Thread closed please see in completed helicopter section. Many thanks John