Revell 1:72 Albatross D.III - Back from a longish break

S

Sauber

Well, I haven't built anything for a few years, and certainly not an aircraft for some time. Anyhow, after Christmas I visited a few aircraft museums and looking at the kits in the shop I thought I'd have a bit of fun. Bought a really cheap Revell Albatross and dug out some old glue and paints etc. to see what I could do within my dwindling time off. Consequently it's a fairly simple build, with the paint scheme determined predominantly by what I happened to have lying around.

The only complex thing I really tried was rigging the wings up with cotton thread, as I thought it would look much better for it. Seemed to come out ok and I'm pleased overall, especially with my time and material limitations. So yeah, thought I'd share it here because ...why not?

IMGP1298.jpgIMGP1299.jpg IMGP1294.jpg IMGP1303.jpg

F

Fenlander

Why not indeed. This is a sweet little build, great colour scheme and I hope you will share more when you find time to build more.

Snowman

We come in peace, so shoot to kill!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Gavin
Sweet little build + extra two thumbs up for doing the rigging!!:eek::confused::cool::cool:

S

Sauber

Thanks all for the kind comments, It's now sitting proudly in a cabinet with my other favorites. No idea when my next one will be but I'll sure be back whenever that happens, I miss doing this more often like I used to!

D

Doug Hughes

A really neat build of a venerable kit, Benji, and a great choice of colour scheme. The rigging looks great - must have been difficult to get it taut.

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Nice one. And the scheme really suits the model, good choice.