Revell 1/72 F9F-5 Panther "Blue Angels"

1275GT

Back after a bit of a break, my latest addition to the shiny shelf, the Revell ( was Matchbox ) 1/72 F9F-5 Panther, finished in the ( limited ) colours of the Blue Angels USN display team c.1954.

It was cranked out as a bit of a stash reduction exercise, and to be honest, its not my best work. The fact that the kit is a bit of a filler-fest ( especially around the intakes ) didn't help, but there you are. I made a couple of improvements, animating the rudder and elevators a little, working the jet pipe and the landing hook housing to fair it in a little more than it was. The seat had a bit of work too, but that isn't too noticeable. I guess it's a bit better than just going OOB, which is what I try to do, so I'm happy for it to sit on the shelf.

It's pictured with it's great great great grandson, which I inadvertently numbered no.6, so the logical thing would be to do this as no.1 and just fill in the gaps. I'm not OCD, honestly..... ;)

Cheers, Neil

View attachment 93108

View attachment 93109

View attachment 93110

View attachment 93111

View attachment 93112

View attachment 93113

View attachment 93114

View attachment 93115

DSC00340.JPG

DSC00341.JPG

DSC00342.JPG

DSC00343.JPG

DSC00344.JPG

DSC00345.JPG

DSC00346.JPG

DSC00347.JPG

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Looks great Neil, a great looking build of the Panther. Looking at the clean finish one would not suspect you had used so much filler. Your enhancements have made a real difference. Numbering the various types using the team numbering system is a pretty nice idea, not OCD at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
W

Willi262

None too shabby. Like Joe says, one can hardly tell there is filler around the intakes. Good job overall.

1275GT

Thanks for the kind comments, chaps :smiling3: I've got the Tiger in the stash, and hopefully a Skyhawk on the way, they might need a shelf all to themselves !!

Cheers, Neil

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Nice one Neil. Have you seen Ades' Fat Albert? (now there is a sentence I thought I would never write:eek: )

Ian M

1275GT

Nice one Neil. Have you seen Ades' Fat Albert? (now there is a sentence I thought I would never write:eek: )
It's a good job I kinda know my aerobatic teams or I might think I'd stumbled onto the wrong sort of website.....

Having said that, I'm now going to try and find Ades' Fat Albert.......shall I google it???????