Revell 1/72 Hunter MK58 'Patrouille Suisse' Display team

B

Bari

This was done as an try at masking something a little bit more complex than I usually do. I should have airbrushed the red and white as close up you can see the brush marks. The red in particular was very claggy and when thinned took days to dry. Naturally when I held it up on its little bit of stick and wire to take the photo's it fell off and the drop tanks came off and if you look closely one of the fins went off into the wild green yonder of the lawn. The two photo's with captions are of the real thing (obvious really). I found masking up the white ring very hard and had about a zillion goes and a lot of tape at it. I did find that although once masked I had then clear glossed over the masked edges the red seemed to leak through the tape as it appeared in little blotches in the centre of white parts.View attachment 74953

View attachment 74954

View attachment 74955

View attachment 74956

001.JPG

002.jpg

003.JPG

004.jpg

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Nice work Barry. The red looks a little darker than the original but that may be the photo and light. A shame about the drop tank fin, maybe you can fashion a replacement fin from plastic card or spare sprue. It looks like the original so good job mate.

B

Bari

Thanks for the nice comments, I've just noticed that the pitot tube has also wandered off.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
I think you should be proud of this Barry, I would be, me and aircraft painting or in fact any detailed painting seem to have abandoned me at the moment, the old hands are too shaky.

Like this very much.

Si:smiling3:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Great work Barry any chance we can see the dorsal aspect if your build :smiling3:

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Great job barry, top work with the masking! Nice to see the hunter in swiss markings , always looks good , cheers tony

First Name
Sebastijan aka Seb
Hunters have to be one of the most beautiful British jet designs. Nice work on yours. I was lucky enough to witness a Hunter flyby at Axalp in Switzerland, 4 years ago - a two seater though...

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Looks great. I think you've 'captured' the real one really well.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Superb Barry, great masking and paintwork. The photographs really set the plane off, well done on those poses.

Si:smiling3:

B

Bari

Thanks, apologies for not replying sooner but have been away for Christmas to St Ives down in Cornwall. Weather was great we missed all the storms.