Revell 1/72 hurricane MK11C.

J

jono

This is a nice little kit with very little flash on parts & just a bit of filler needed on lower wing roots. The kit comes with optional Drop Tanks or Bombs, the locating holes need to be drilled out for the drop tanks. But when it comes to fitting either tanks or bombs the locating pins for the bomb racks are bigger than those on the drop tanks & so need to be cut off.

One other thing is the lower wing & fuselage Roundels come in 2 parts, the inner "bulls eye" needing to be added after the main body of the roundel is fitted, But still enjoyed making it.... :smiling3: :smiling3: .View attachment 94716

View attachment 94717

View attachment 94718

View attachment 94719

View attachment 94720

View attachment 94721

View attachment 94722

011.JPG

012.JPG

018.JPG

019.JPG

025.JPG

031.JPG

002.JPG

D

Doug Hughes

Nice one Jono! You're right about the kit - filling around the wings is the only problem with this kit. I recently made the non-tropical version, but it's basically the same kit. I believe the trick of separating the red spots from the rest of the roundel is in order to avoid registration problems, as the bullseye can easily get printed off-centre. But the same would also apply to the yellow surround on the fuselage roundel. Go figure...

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
The old revell hurricane MKIIC, not a bad kit it has its issues like filling and filing but it's got some nice detail I think

I'll give you a tip if you don't mind , it appears that you've used a black wash for exhause stain and under the wings you get a more natural look if you use a Dry brush effect , this is when you wipe most of the paint off the brush and just move it in a straight line so it gives a more smoky look :smiling3:

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Nice Hurricane; they always look good in the desert scheme.

J

jono

\ said:
Nice one Jono! You're right about the kit - filling around the wings is the only problem with this kit. I recently made the non-tropical version, but it's basically the same kit. I believe the trick of separating the red spots from the rest of the roundel is in order to avoid registration problems, as the bullseye can easily get printed off-centre. But the same would also apply to the yellow surround on the fuselage roundel. Go figure...
\ said:
\ said:
Nice one Jono! You're right about the kit - filling around the wings is the only problem with this kit. I recently made the non-tropical version, but it's basically the same kit. I believe the trick of separating the red spots from the rest of the roundel is in order to avoid
\ said:
\ said:
The old revell hurricane MKIIC, not a bad kit it has its issues like filling and filing but it's got some nice detail I thinkI'll give you a tip if you don't mind , it appears that you've used a black wash for exhause stain and under the wings you get a more natural look if you use a Dry brush effect , this is when you wipe most of the paint off the brush and just move it in a straight line so it gives a more smoky look :smiling3:

J

jono

:smiling3:

Sorry guys I don't know what as happened to cause all the duplicating of your comments but Thanks for your comments anyway LOL.

Alan you can give as many tips as you like, weathering is not one of my good points with the models... :smiling3: :smiling3: ..

L

Laurie

Nice model John. As Joe mentioned I like the dessert livery. This was my second model ever and sits there right in front.

Laurie

J

jono

\ said:
Nice model John. As Joe mentioned I like the dessert livery. This was my second model ever and sits there right in front.Laurie
Thanks Laurie, yes the desert colours make a change from all the Green/Grey livery ...