Revell 1/72th Horten Go229

M

msm2

Picked this kit up at the weekend while at a car boot all for 50p. Going to run this with my other under construction Re3. At the moment all on hold because having viral conjunctivitis in both eyes, so walking around in dark sunglasses all the time. Hope to be better by weeks end. To add to this kit will be getting the Eduard upgrade kit and masking kit. Not sure about the paint scheme at the moment,may go for something different. Some photos of the kit.View attachment 15908View attachment 15909View attachment 15912View attachment 15910View attachment 15913View attachment 15915View attachment 15911

View attachment 24113

View attachment 24114

View attachment 24115

View attachment 24116

View attachment 24117

View attachment 24118

View attachment 24119

View attachment 24120

View attachment 24121

100_4970.jpg

100_4971.jpg

100_4975.jpg

100_4973.jpg

100_4972.jpg

100_4978.jpg

100_4977.jpg

100_4976.jpg

100_4974.jpg

Last edited:

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Nice one tony! i love a bargain,and you definitely got one here,i think it retails for about £9! I did one of these but it was the PM models kit- very basic ,only about 15 pieces!! The revell one looks great,cant wait to see how it builds , cheers tony

F

Fenlander

Will be looking forward to this when you get around to it. Sorry to hear about the eyes.

M

msm2

Whole family have had it, but I seem to have it the worst. Looks like I have had 10 rounds with Tyson.

M

msm2

Just been doing some research into this aircraft I have come across a guy who has scale drawing of this plane. Sent an email to him for a quote for the drawings.

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
50p? Bargain. Looks a very nice kit. Get well soon too Tony, i know what you're going though with conjunctivitis, not nice.

Have fun, John

M

msm2

Hi all thankyou for your kind words and support. Well I have a trip to the hospital today to get my eyes sorted out..

PS Can a moderator change the Title Thread,missed a 9 off the end..Not easy trying to type with constant blurred vision.

Tony

F

Fenlander

Consider it done Tony. Good luck at the Hospital mate.

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Glad to hear that the old peepers are getting better. There was a previous thread on your aircraft here.

http://www.scale-models.co.uk/chit-chat/9254-horten-help.html

This aircraft is outside my normal interest, as it never entered service, but I managed to find some stuff in more general references.

I posted a few nice pictures there which may be worth a look. It's one of the great "what ifs".

Good luck with your build.

Cheers

Steve

M

msm2

Cheers stona for the info. Hope to be using this info for a 1/48th and 1/16th build later this year and next. Purchasing a full set of drawings from A.L.Bentley for this aircraft.

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Looking good Tony. Those gaps are not to bad. Unless you want to start making your own I'd use some Tamiya putty on them. Other manufacturers do similar products. You don't want to be sanding if you can help it so here is what I'd do. Apply the putty with a cotton bud moistened with an acetone based nail varnish remover. Smooth it into the gap and then clean up with a tissue moistened with the same. Leave this a few hours to dry. The putty may contract a little in which case you will need to repeat the process. You should be able to get a nice join with no sanding and loss of detail.

Steve

M

msm2

Cheers stona for the advice. Will leave the wings for a few days before I try to fill the gaps. I made a small mistake at the begin,removed a tab which locates the front undercarriage,so I will have to make a new one up.

Tony..