Revell A10 Thunderbolt 2 ( terminator Salvation)

First Name
Robert
Well here goes nothing.

Still recovering from my stroke and thought well look in the for sale and found this. Revell 1/48 A10 Thunderbolt.

Looked online to think of upgrades to the cockpit and pe sets etc but only paid £10 for the kit so thought an extra £30 plus for a fictitious aircraft would be pointless, plus I found out that aires do an upgrade kit but not for Revell.

I'll try and make some seat shoulder straps ( scratch build)

Kkit is basically good raised panel lines minimal flash etc. there will be some filling that Im aware of from research and may need to grab a weapons set as only comes with maverick missiles or bombs

Only started on cockpit this morning so pics to follow

If anyone wants to advise please feel free

Comments all welcome View attachment 115112

image.jpg

A

Airfix Modeller Freak

Look forward to seeing the weathering. Memories from the movie is that it was one very beaten up aircraft:eek:

Also, another upgrade set is always worth it in my opinion. Even if it is for another kit, as long as it is the same subject, and same dimensions, with a bit of tweaking and sanding, it should fit

John

D

dubster72

So you went with my idea Robert! Looking forward to seeing this one :smiling3:

What's happened to your Churchill build?

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Nice and interesting.

First Name
Robert
\ said:
So you went with my idea Robert! Looking forward to seeing this one :smiling3:
What's happened to your Churchill build?
Churchill build is put to the side for the moment but I'm still making slow headway with it

Cheers

Robert

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Glad to hear you're feeling better Robert, the A10 is a favorite of mine, "tank buster" that it is, a real monster in the aircraft arena, very tough indeed! One was known to take multiple hits and still land safely, also they had a titanium "bucket" under the cockpit to protect the pilot. hope to see it soon as it does build into quite an impressive model, built one many years ago unfortunately it hasn't survived the years:sad:...............Jim:smiling3:

First Name
Adrian
Looking forward to seeing this, I posted this link on your original post so doing it again, not much help but at 50 secs you get to see the A10 side on and it may be of some use :smiling3:

Adrian

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Nice choice Robert , the Aires accessory set should fit ok , maybe just needs a bit of tweaking here and there . One thing I would recommend though is one of these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MASTER-1-48-A-10A-A-10B-Thunderbolt-II-GAU-8-Avenger-gun-tip-Pitot-Tube-/191580199629?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item2c9b11dacd , I got one for the 1/72 A10 in the stash and it really looks a superb bit of kit, and the gun is always the focal point of the Warthog so its worth making this area look as good as possible , cheers tony

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
When I was building wingy things this crossed my my mind rob , I have the T2 Ariel HK and thought about dirtying it up to do a pair as it looks similar to the HK in salvation

This will be interesting to see what you do with it :smiling3:

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
A beast of an aircraft (don't know about the model) Looking forward to seeing this one built.

H

Herman Gelmet

I'm shamelessly going to copy this!! I think I'll try it out with the new 1:72 kit that's coming out soon.

Lee W

Rum before 10 makes you a pirate not an alcoholic
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
The A10...what an ugly beauty, just love this tank (and terminator!) buster...maybe I should give a wing thing a go...meh!

Lee :smiling3:

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
Glad to hear you're feeling better Robert,to me that looks like a real one,very nicely done so far, ;)