Revell Boston Mk V / A-20J help wanted

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
Hi folks, I need some help again! I'm finishing a 1/72 Revell Boston Mk V / A-20J that I acquired part-built. There are a couple of parts that I'm not sure what to do with: there are two parts numbered D13, which are just straight rods about 8mm long, 1mm diameter, which look like part of the landing gear but aren't mentioned in the instructions - not too worried about those, I can just leave them off. Also there's a clear dome-shaped part, number K5, which has to be fitted to the tail end of the fuselage, but I'm not sure if it's a tail light, in which case it seems too big, or a viewing canopy, in which case it seems too small! It's about 6mm diameter so in full size would be about 430mm or 17". I've scoured Google but can't find any photos taken from the rear of this mark of Boston. The earlier marks don't seem to have any clear parts at the extreme tail.
Any ideas?

Pete

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
Thanks Icabod, but that's the same instructions I have with the kit. No mention of D13.
The clear part at the tail seems to be partly painted over in the schemes, so maybe it is a light after all.

Pete

rickoshea52

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
I think your plastic rod is a landing gear door link. The photo below shows the tail cone of an ATR with a clear dome over the tail nav light, looks similar to your Boston.

IMG_2840.JPG

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
There is an image here of the u/c with a strut parallel to the retraction oleo. Could this be the D13 parts?
http://www.net-maquettes.com/pictures/a-20-havoc/?afg27_page_id=2#afg-27
Might be, thanks.
I think your plastic rod is a landing gear door link.
Could be, but wouldn't there be 4 of them?
clear dome over the tail nav light, looks similar to your Boston.
Yes, perhaps I'll paint it as a cover over the tail light.

Thanks folks.

Pete