Revell Canberra

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Great paint job one of my favourite aircraft the Canberra , reminds me of a grown up meteor :smiling3:

B

Bunkerbarge

\ said:
Great paint job one of my favourite aircraft the Canberra , reminds me of a grown up meteor :smiling3:
That's a coincidence, as I was looking at this I was thinking exactly the same thing. Great model though and just goes to show how good a finish you can get with a brush. Lovely subtle weathering as well to give a bit of life to an overall single colour.

Great job.

Does anyone know why the cockpit was offset?

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
\ said:
Does anyone know why the cockpit was offset?
I believe it allowed access to the nose area and provided a better field of view for the pilot who aimed the bomb load through an optical sight. The navigator sat in the nose under the pilot. Would be pretty dark in there! English Electric never redesigned the cockpit position when the PR versions were produced to save mucking about with controls and other systems. The Americans did redesign the cockpit and had a centralised two-seat arrangement.

Last edited by a moderator:

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Great build, it has come out well and looks very well finished.

Last edited by a moderator:
M

MPal

Thanks for the positive comments guys. I built it completely out of the box, and didnt use any filler , which in hindsight would have been a good idea on some of the panel joins.

Still,it looks good in my display cabinet.

First Name
Dave
Nice build.As it's a Revell kit it's probably the old Frog Canberra I remember building in my youth.Or it could be ex Matchbox.Builds into a good model though.

M

MPal

I think it's the old matchbox mould, so fairly old. No real flash on the parts though.

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
No flash, I'll bet it's Matchbox ! Anyway, nice job. A model I should try one day.