revell eurofighter diorama kit 1:72

P

phalinmegob

oops hang on. i think it has ended,google translate did not work too well,

it had less than a minute left when i found it but dont think it sold,maybe an e-mail to the seller may help

Last edited:
B

bwfc-chrishigson

thanks mate ill keep my eyes open for one, this is an amazing piece of work! five stars :D

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Hi Andrew, just revisited this and noticed I hadn't commented. I was sure I'd left you ***** ! Good job I checked, I'd hate you to think I wasn't well impressed by it!

Gern

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Here's another cracking bit of model making I've missed....again! I really must shape up.

Excellent diorama Andrew, plenty going on. Well done.

Ron

B

Brickie

Top effort - fantastic build.

I'm actually wondering if you could give me some pointers on achieving that concrete apron look? I'm doing something rather similar but on a much smaller scale ...

P

phalinmegob

thanks mate. there was not a lot of skill involved and was impressed with how it ended up. basically consisted of a full airbrushed coat of light grey.concrete is always layed in sections to allow for expansion and therefore tends to be a slightly different shade around the these edges as they recieve more tamping and smothing than the middle of a slab.once i had two basic shades, i added a drop of various colours and just sprayed small areas . then the part that came out best was to take an old tooth brush and dip it in some paint and flick it lightly to give small speckled dots using quite a few different colours.there are even a few red speckles all though they are hard to see on my crappy camera phone. remember that on concrete buildings, all the dirt accumulates at the bottom and in some cases the concrete can almost be black and some nice bits of green to simulate moss build up near floor areas.in hindsight i would probably add some oil stains and tyre marks and even muddy footprints on to the floor for a more realistic look.

B

Brickie

I can't really tell from the pictures, and I've never really noticed IRL - is it darker or lighter round the outsides, and does it tend to be a clearly-defined edge?

P

phalinmegob

dont think it really matters that much but i usually do edges slightly darker, i am no expert by any means,but in the real world you will get tonal differences of coulor in each individual slab of concrete all though very slight. dont think there is a right way or wrong way to paint concrete, just play with your paint till it is pleasing to your eye.