Revell Thermopylae

• Thread starter Deleted member 3568
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 3568

Same as with the gold on the La Reale I use acrylic size, it really is dead easy mate, I'm pretty sure I did a mini tutorial in the La Reale build if not I could do one on here if you like, not tonight though as we're out with friends.

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all given the green a coat of paint and weathered that and done a bit more to the copper

Gce27PJ.jpg

q5DgOA5.jpg

P82KEyn.jpg

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
Very nice Ken....... You are making a blinding job of this.

D

Deleted member 3568

I must admit I'm more than a little peeved, I have read that this kit is basically a reboxing of the Cutty Sark, with some tweeking by Revell the instructions tell you to paint the area raised on the stern black, so I did, it turns out it is slightly raised because it's where the rear cabin goes on the Cutty Sark, I would have been better off doing it the same colour as the rest of the decking, not sure how I'm going to blend that in now ( the fire buckets run along the sides so hopefully I can use them to help hide it) thing that peeves me is why tell you to paint that bit black.

D

Dave Garrett

i must try and get one of these kits yes it may look like a re-boxed cutty sark but the reason i would like to build it is because one of our local nature reserves has a public footpath running right through it called the thermopylae pass and it was just name fitting to me and it looks like a great ship to build i have an hms victory 1/180 scale airfix kit in my stash which is quite a complicated build i will be watching this build log closely

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
great progress on this one,looking good ,liking it, ;)

D

Deleted member 3568

Well I'm so cross with myself, went to do some rigging on this and dropped it, snapped off the rear mast broke the shrouds on the fore mast snapped some of the rigging on the bowsprit, a few of the hatches have come off, broken some of the stanchions round the top of the rear cabin. luckily nothing that cant be fixed but its put me back quite a bit, Grrrr and no one to blame but my butter fingers. I could almost swear, flippin heck, blimey and fiddle sticks (sorry for the profanities there)