Revell Thermopylae

• Thread starter Deleted member 3568
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all well repairs made.

This believe it or not was the worst bit ( I glued that wheel on at least half a dozen times)

4h55dos.jpg

and made a bit more progress

mtirTvH.jpg

3KH1Ma3.jpg

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all here is tonight update may I first say anyone contemplating this ship, please read the rigging instructions alongside the build instructions and dont leave them till the end, as you can plainly see I have not done that and still I've made things extremely awkward for myself, there is some rigging from the main mast to the four iron rings in the deck which now I have the belaying pin racks and the foremast shrouds in place will be extremely difficult to attatch.

anyway here is where I'm at now.

hVTcTwB.jpg

YNLBP6c.jpg

Us5qSwa.jpg

D

demon

You must have the patience of a saint the thought of all that cotton scares the heck out of me

Roger

F

Fenlander

Must say I do love the look of these ships but they are way beyond me, especially the rigging. Great work going on here.

S

steve5

good to catch up on this build to kpnuts , looking really good , still don't know how you do two of these ship's at once though , lol

steve5

A

american

You have done a great work so far! I will watch this build with wide eyes open!

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all here is the next update on this

VrgfOgn.jpg

7OnObAc.jpg

ZdQzntz.jpg

8SEnPAT.jpg

Baring in mind these are almost Identical scales (the thermop is 1/96 and the soliel is 1/100) I still cant believe how much heavier and bulkier and cumbersom the soliel was (I mean I know she had to be able to withstand cannon fire and such) but she must have been sooooooo slooooowwwww

6mUlKF0.jpg

XG6EKe9.jpg

Bigfoot57

SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
KP

Your'e making / constucting a damn fine model there of the thermop rigging is my favourite part of ship building and always will be I hate repetitive fidly little jobs like tying down all the cannons on a gun deck to eyebolts or come to think of it constructing 100 cannons to start with anyway press on little bit at a time is how to do it

Colin

Bigfoot57

SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
KP

Just a thought are you going to put sails on this or not it will increase the rigging considerably as you would have to incorperate running rigging as well as stay rigging which is what you are doing now

On my 2 models ie Cutty Sark and Thermoplaye I put every sail I could find on them that included the studding booms and sails as well ended up with more rigging than a spiders web great fun though if you enjoy that sort of thing or is it just me

Colin

F

Fenlander

Could just be you Colin :D I do admire how people do the rigging on ships like this though, I cannot even rig a WWII battleship:sad:

D

Deleted member 3568

Yep its just you colin rigging scares the hell out of me, yes I will be putting sails on, but not studding sails, have some pity on me.

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all well this must be jinxed I went to get an hour in tonight and have had a catastrophe, now I've got several hours of remedial work, it's now back in the outhouse while I calm down.

mv15dd.jpg

2nk868.jpg

D

Deleted member 3568

Well repairs made and a small update, I really hope I don't have any further catastrophe's

2j44xns.jpg

ra2ds2.jpg

2hgwklw.jpg