Revel's reintroduced Bentley Blower in 1/24 scale

• Thread starter My Model Car Workshop
  • Start date
M

My Model Car Workshop

I bought one of these kits several months ago, which I intend to build sometime during the winter. Here is a run down of the model from The Modelling News, which some of you may be interested in. This is one kit I am really looking forward to building.

http://www.themodellingnews.com/2014/12/supercharging-bentley-guillaume-builds.html

M

My Model Car Workshop

\ said:
cool, are there aftermarket goodies available?
Not as far as I know. There is a larger scale model of this car made by Airfix at 1/12 scale, but again, not sure if there are any enhancement etchings for it or not.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Airfix-A20440-1930-Litre-Bentley/dp/B0009E36NA/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1440014618&sr=8-3&keywords=bentley+blower

Paul Davies

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Got the revell Bentley on the go. Not a bad kit for what is a rebox of the Heller model. Takes a lot of work to clean up and remove mould marks

D

Deleted member 3568

I know it's twice the size but that is not a patch on the Airfix kit, I really enjoyed the Airfix kit, I just wish I used the kit wheels as making the wire wheels out of wire really didn't make that much difference but made loads more work, I highly recommend the Airfix kit.

M

My Model Car Workshop

Would like the Airfix kit as well, but at just over £80, it's not going to be before Christmas. Have to see what SWMBO is prepared to spend as a Chrissy present.! :rolleyes:

D

Deleted member 3568

I can only say for an old kit it really is worth the money especially with roymattblack's guide, and no one else does it it 1/12. You can add a lot more detail or build oob it is a huge model and very impressive (my boss bought mine)

Paul Davies

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
There are wire wheel sets for the airfix kit. Cost nearly as much as the kit. But do look hood

R

roymattblack

I know the thread is about the 1/24 kit, but I'm currently working on a 'kit' of decent wire wheels for the 1/12 Airfix model.

Hopefully, around £30 for 5 wheels. Being a kit of parts, you build them up yourself.

Full picture instructions will be included.

I'll keep you all posted...

Roy.

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
did it earlier in the year, builds up really nice but watch out for the flimsy mudguard mountings

First Name
Noel
The big Airfix Bentley was not any better in this respect. Used brass wire to replace the weak mountings.