Richard's Layout.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Very nice Polux, word of warning, I had a old Noch base and the plastic went brittle and cracked, be careful in painting.

P

Polux

\ said:
Very nice Polux, word of warning, I had a old Noch base and the plastic went brittle and cracked, be careful in painting.
Yep!! Thank you very much Si.

Noted!!! :smiling3:

B

Benhur

Remember add interior lighting and also lighting under the station canopy and a couple of lamps on the platform. I presume you will also have passengers on the platform and they need to see at night when boarding.

Vollmer goes together well and the odd bit of weathering on the steps and platform (soot if you are running steamers)

If you are buying coaches do not get the longer ones as they will not be able to go round the bends etc without hitting the edges of the tunnel. Noch should provide information on this.

Can I just add to set up and test all turnouts and signals etc before adding the buildings and scenery etc as it it easier. Depends if you are having trains stopping at red signals automatically if running more than one loco at a time but not sure if your control system can do this.

Also ensure the track can be lifted in order to replace any turnout motor and decoder etc.

Over the years I have made about every mistake possible and even yet some of my wiring with the Faller funfair can go wrong.

Looks like you are well on your way to a great layout.

P

Polux

\ said:
Remember add interior lighting and also lighting under the station canopy and a couple of lamps on the platform. I presume you will also have passengers on the platform and they need to see at night when boarding.
Vollmer goes together well and the odd bit of weathering on the steps and platform (soot if you are running steamers)

If you are buying coaches do not get the longer ones as they will not be able to go round the bends etc without hitting the edges of the tunnel. Noch should provide information on this.

Can I just add to set up and test all turnouts and signals etc before adding the buildings and scenery etc as it it easier. Depends if you are having trains stopping at red signals automatically if running more than one loco at a time but not sure if your control system can do this.

Also ensure the track can be lifted in order to replace any turnout motor and decoder etc.

Over the years I have made about every mistake possible and even yet some of my wiring with the Faller funfair can go wrong.

Looks like you are well on your way to a great layout.
Yep!

Thank you very much for all these great advices and tips.

They will be very useful, so.....noted ;)

Regards

Polux

P

Polux

I have a lot of tracks now!!! Well......in fact, all the necessary :P

DSC_1814.JPG

And a simple genaral look :smiling3:

DSC_1811.JPG

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
Cracking work buddy love the space it going in as well

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
That's some fine work there but it's missing a few tanks :D

dave

SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
It's looking good, always love model railway layouts.

As for the tanks, I feel three shermans coming out of the tunnel would be appropriate :D

D

Deleted member 3568

Looking good. I don't think tanks, I think, it would be nice to have some giant fluffy bunnies coming out of the tunnels, you could have pixies and fairys as passengers.

P

Polux

Hi all.

I’ve been working the entire weekend on the layout.... :smiling3:

I haven’t good photos to show the difference, but I repainted all the grass, the mountains and the stone walls as well.

Ironic.....I had the idea to built the track.....but I didn’t built the bridges, so.....here they are ;)

DSC_1823.JPG

DSC_1824.JPG

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
This is looking really nice Polux.

I would love to have a go at layout, but I am sure the actual wiring up and the like would most surely defeat me.......

P

Polux

Yep!!

I’ve been working on the track....but there are some wrong references (my mistake I suppose :confused:) ....so I cannot finished it yet.... :sad:

I phoned to the shop, and they said me there isn’t any problem to change the tracks. So, this Friday I will go to the city and buy new items for the electrical installation as well...

The shop man said me, too, that the “Central Station” by Marklin will work on this layout as well. Is a good notice, this digital system is excellent ;)

Thanks for looking

Polux

DSC_1828.JPG

DSC_1829.JPG

DSC_1841.JPG

B

Benhur

Looking good. I have the Marklin Central Station which is designed mainly for Marklin or trix track. I don't do trix but if it is still available might be worth looking at. Central Station is a great control item and would be even more useful if you want to extend the layout later You did leave a siding at one end for this I hope. You will also need some matching ballast for the track.

Make sure you can move the mountain to clean the track and recover any accidents.

If you get the bug then in time consider a Marklin HO layout which of course will also go with the Central Station and scenery give greater scope for model making.

Welcome to the world of model rail but watch the cost which can grow very quickly and if need be look on here for advice before buying.

Excellent looking layout.

A

andyrobs

Polux, this is looking fantastic mate, just makes me wish I had time to do mine!!!!

Cheers Andrew

P

Polux

\ said:
Looking good. I have the Marklin Central Station which is designed mainly for Marklin or trix track. I don't do trix but if it is still available might be worth looking at. Central Station is a great control item and would be even more useful if you want to extend the layout later You did leave a siding at one end for this I hope. You will also need some matching ballast for the track.
Make sure you can move the mountain to clean the track and recover any accidents.

If you get the bug then in time consider a Marklin HO layout which of course will also go with the Central Station and scenery give greater scope for model making.

Welcome to the world of model rail but watch the cost which can grow very quickly and if need be look on here for advice before buying.

Excellent looking layout.
Thank you very much David!!

Remains a lot of work yet!!!! I have the ballast ready :P

I have another HO layout on "Under Construction".....see "The Signal Tower" if you want :smiling3:

You a advices and help will be very useful ;)

Thanks again!

P

Polux

\ said:
Polux, this is looking fantastic mate, just makes me wish I had time to do mine!!!!
Cheers Andrew
And me.....I'm wishing to see it ;)

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
Fine work Polux .......... It is going to be a masterpiece when it's finished.