Richard's Layout.

P

Polux

Hi all!

I’ve been working on the electrical installation. All the cables are welded on the tracks, and those ones are connected to the main sheet metal.

The yellow and the blue cables are the ( - and the + on the rails).... The blacks are the turnouts ones. Now I need to connect the brown ones at the switches. And then, of course, remains the house’s lights :smiling3:

DSC_1876.JPG

All this work is interesting.....but I’m wishing to start with the decoration and the weathering :D

rickoshea52

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
DCC is so much simpler to wire, just two wires for the rails. I had to fight the urge to start the scenery before completing the wiring. Lay the the track, wire it, test it, ballast it, test it, scenery, test it.

P

Polux

Good morning!

I’ve been working on the track.....and after some issues it finally WORKS!!!! Just need to sand and clean a little part under a tunnel....but all the track works fine :smiling3:

Anyway remains to connect all the turnouts on the switches.....let’s see what will happen there :confused:

I repainted all the pieces of the last buildings.....if I have time, I will try to glued and build they this afternoon!

I built and glued the village zone as well ;)

DSC_1878.JPG

Thanks for looking

Polux

P

Polux

\ said:
Are you going to paint and weather the track and sleepers? It makes a massive difference to the look of a layout.
View attachment 140787
Of course!!! :D

Will be after all the electrical installation works perfectly.

Paint it, ballast it and weathering it... :smiling3:

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Coming along nicely Polux. Nice layout and buildings.

I really would love to get me one of these. It's all the wiring and tech. stuff that puts me off thought.....

P

Polux

Hi all!!

Perfect....I have good news!!! :smiling3:

After a pre-test, all the seven turnouts work perfectly. :D

The black button leaves the turnout on the normal position. The red ones active the turnout....

Now is time to finish the electrical installation on the layout and start to build the village and all the different items, and then....the weathering :rolleyes:

DSC_2895.JPG

Thanks

Polux

B

Benhur

Very well done with nice neat wiring. It is a great feeling when everything works.

For anybody not wanting to start a layout because of the electrical side of the hobby go for Marklin C track as I think has been said above. Turnouts etc don't need wiring and work with decoders.

As model rail is my main hobby I am enjoying this thread and the excellent work being done on the layout.

P

Polux

Thank you very much David and all you for the nice comments and help :smiling3:

D

Deleted member 3568

It's all looking amazing (the wiring is looking very complex )

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
what great progress on this one,very nice looking building ,they all look great ;)

P

Polux

Hi all!

I have some new acquisitions :smiling3:

Three cars....one Unimog (I love it) and two Mercedes Benz. I will use as a reference to create the road and the ways.

DSC_2903.JPG

Some ballast, fencings,....

DSC_2906.JPG

And lamps. The green ones are for the station. The black ones are for the village square.

DSC_2905.JPG

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
oh wow great additions to the layout Polux,will look great once on,

real liking this one, ;)

B

Benhur

Really nice kits. Although some have been around for while they will go together well and of course minimum painting.

Enjoy the build.

P

Polux

Hi all!

For me, the Christmas day, means a relax and calmly day... :smiling3:

So I’ve been working all the day on the layout.

I designed new wood battens to add the entire electrical stuff hide under the mountain. Wasn’t an easy work....but now I having all together and all they works, as well, with a single plug.

DSC_2908.JPG

There is space enough to manipulate all the tools and solve some occasionally accident with the trains :smiling3:

DSC_2913.JPG

This is a general look of the finished electrical installation.

There is an amount of wiring ;) now just remains the houses lights....

DSC_2927.JPG

Last edited: