Rick's Boeing C97A Stratofreighter

rickoshea52

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
I have one of these in the stash along with a KC variant but I bought this one for £5 on Monday; it's been started and there is glue were there shouldn't be glue. I opened the box to assess the state of the work done and you know how it is - once you start sanding you can't stop so this is a low priority slow build.

There was a big blob of glue on the upper surface of the wing and the engine nacelles were messily joined. I've sanded back the worst of it and hoping that primer will show up any smaller imperfections before applying some ten gauge paint!

The flight deck was painted already so the seats and other unpainted parts I have fitted before a spray of dark sea grey and detail work.

View attachment 106390

View attachment 106391

View attachment 106392

View attachment 106393

View attachment 106394

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Nice one Rick, will watch for updates on this. You're going to need new display space with all these large aeroplanes.

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
That's looking good Rick........ I'm watching this.

Snowman

We come in peace, so shoot to kill!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Gavin
Thats a "whoppa"!!:eek:

I'll be watching! :smiling3:

rickoshea52

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
I've been looking through some of my stalled builds and made a dent in the build of this one. The previous owner of this kit had applied paint to some of it so I've rubbed this back where I can, especially on the propeller tips.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg