Rick's Raspberry Ripple BAe Hawk

rickoshea52

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
I have been away from home for a while finally getting home on Wednesday from a longer than expected trip to Ethiopia and made some long overdue progress with this. The remainder of the decals were done, this was a bit of a faff because the kit decals are for an AD grey or gloss black machine so the stencils are in white. This is okay for those that will be applied on the red or blue but for those that should be on the white paint I cannot add all that I would like. The AM decal sheet has limited stencils.

The flaps, main landing gear and some paint touch up has been done, especially around those upper wing roundels.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Robert1968

SMF Supporter
First Name
Robert
Just caught up and this is looking very nice indeed ( I wish my kits cane out as clean as this beauty

Kind regards

Robert

rickoshea52

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
I'm close to the finishing line with this now, just a sealing coat of varnish and the pitot probe to fit before the masking comes off. As this is the first 1/48 scale aircraft I have ever made I have had a go at using a panel line wash also for the first time, I definately need practice, but only on the red and white, it doesn't show so well on the blue.

There were lots of niggle little things to do tonight, fitting the transparent lighting parts, paint touch up, nose gear and wheels and those tricky little aerials.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg