Ripped decal

R

Rice

I was using Humbrol DecalFix to put some decals onto an Airfix Spitfire Mk.II and one of the decals tore before I had taken it of the backing. I have had problems with DecalFix before but I thought I would try it again. I couldn't find any spare decals to buy for my kit (BBMF collection gift set) so I am at a loss about what to do. Any suggestions or help on what to do would be greatly appreciated.

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
If it's a clean tear, you might just be able to slide one bit up against the other on the model. After a few years of modelling, you will have your very own collection of spare decals, in the meantime there's https://www.hannants.co.uk/ these sell just about everything.

R

Rice

If it's a clean tear, you might just be able to slide one bit up against the other on the model. After a few years of modelling, you will have your very own collection of spare decals, in the meantime there's https://www.hannants.co.uk/ these sell just about everything.
Unfortunately it is a bit too ripped up and hannants don't seem to have it! Thanks anyway

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Unfortunately it is a bit too ripped up and hannants don't seem to have it! Thanks anyway
Which decal is it ? I would try again with Hannants - their search engine takes some getting used to. It's reduced many a grown man to tears of frustration !

A

Airfix Modeller Freak

I was using Humbrol DecalFix to put some decals onto an Airfix Spitfire Mk.II and one of the decals tore before I had taken it of the backing. I have had problems with DecalFix before but I thought I would try it again. I couldn't find any spare decals to buy for my kit (BBMF collection gift set) so I am at a loss about what to do. Any suggestions or help on what to do would be greatly appreciated.
Ask airfix support. Thy are probably one of the best, along with eduard in terms of customer support