Roberts 1/35 Tamiya King Tiger

Robert1968

SMF Supporter
First Name
Robert
Well after some minor surgery the KT has come out of the vets but still ready to roar.
Thanks to Colin and Patrick fir expert advice
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Robert1968

SMF Supporter
First Name
Robert
FJust ordered me Some pigments
I know it's not top notch stuff but it's a start and I can practice.
Looked at Mig powders also others but I don't want to dive in deep end and flog the builds with stuff I don't know ( little knowledge)
I have got pastels etc but thought I could try these out on the KT at the latter stage
image.jpeg image.jpeg

Robert1968

SMF Supporter
First Name
Robert
Well I've finished the main build and while inawait my camo set from John Scale Model Shop I have decided to spray Nate black on all surfaces
The build has been fun and no problems really found.
Lots of test fitting and all the wheels that need to touch the ground are correct.
The turret internals will be sprayed White after I let the nato black set
The metal barrel is a nice touch IMHO to the kit and thanks to Patrick's advice there I also found the grille set looks spot on too.
I had a wee problem with the air vent covers but got it all good in the end.image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    74.5 KB · Views: 4
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    89.1 KB · Views: 4
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    99.3 KB · Views: 4
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    69 KB · Views: 3
D

dubster72

Looks good Robert, see if you can find a bit of thin wire for the headlamp cable. It makes a nice difference.

Robert1968

SMF Supporter
First Name
Robert
Looks good Robert, see if you can find a bit of thin wire for the headlamp cable. It makes a nice difference.

You know that was what I am doing as we speak ( I saw a You tube build I think and they used fuse wire from the rear of lamp to back of bracket I think they will make it oober better

Robert1968

SMF Supporter
First Name
Robert
I also need to find a replacement handle as cut from sprue and into orbit it went ( no where to be seen

Robert1968

SMF Supporter
First Name
Robert
What handle Robert?

For he rear quarter engine bay doors ( one side has a handle ) they are iddy widdy things and when I clipped the sprue it went ping, but I'll search my jagd panzer box and see what's in my spares.

D

dubster72

You can always use wire to replace the handle. If you can't find one, I might have a spare.

First Name
colin
I used some 1.0mm brass rod bent into shape round some long nosed plier's if that's any help mate.

Robert1968

SMF Supporter
First Name
Robert
Thanks guys for you invaluable advice. I'll be going to the shops Sunday with the Mrs and I'll pop in and pick some selections of wire up.

Regards

Robert

Robert1968

SMF Supporter
First Name
Robert
Well I decide to give my KT a couple of light coats of Dunkelgelb ( think that's the way to spell it
I may give it another light coat but I know with the other camo colours on top there won't be all that on show??
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

D

dubster72

I'd leave it like that Robert. Although it's slightly patchy in places, that will help the realism once the weathering is done.

Think of it like the black basing technique on your Phantom.

Robert1968

SMF Supporter
First Name
Robert
I'd leave it like that Robert. Although it's slightly patchy in places, that will help the realism once the weathering is done.

Think of it like the black basing technique on your Phantom.

Thanks Patrick that was my intention as to try and get some realism in the build and painting stage.
I've watched a few black basing videos and I'm trying to perfect my tech with it.
I swirl the A/b in light circular motions so it seems to leave the odd patch here and there but I try not to get tempted to fill in the gaps so much. All that work is then wasted.

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
looking good,Robert,I do like that,method of painting,will need to look into it as well,;)

Robert1968

SMF Supporter
First Name
Robert
Well I now got myself a nice set of paints ( from John at Scale Model Shop ) I've never used Meng acrylics but being from the AK family I'm sure this will spray really well.
Roll on the weekend so I can get some paint down
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

First Name
Stuart

Robert1968

SMF Supporter
First Name
Robert
I would like to know if the paints are any good when you get to try them out Robert,if you don't mind letting me know your opinion.

No problem. I'll do some test sprays to show the grades in colours and density of the paint ( I have no idea what I just said ) but I think I know what I'm( trying to say ( forget that I'm nuts )

First Name
Stuart
No problem. I'll do some test sprays to show the grades in colours and density of the paint ( I have no idea what I just said ) but I think I know what I'm( trying to say ( forget that I'm nuts )
Ha that's great