Roberts 1/35 Tamiya King Tiger

Robert1968

SMF Supporter
First Name
Robert
Well I decided to put some colour on this KT as I know it's been a while since I started on this but work and the wife have been taking a lot of my time up.
I had previously used Meng colour ( AK ) but found that to be too red if not pinky and it never sat with me right so I got NATO Brown and NATO green ( XF67/ XF68 respectively.
I have starred with XF 68 NATO brown going over the meng Color and this seems to be a better colour ( thanks Patrick fro the advice )
Let me know what you think
Still a long way off from being fin but it's getting there
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

D

dubster72

Looking good Robert, although I'd have started with the green first as its generally better to go dark over light - but you should be ok & worst comes to worst, just touch up with the NATO Brown.

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
liking the look of this one so far ,Robert,;)

Robert1968

SMF Supporter
First Name
Robert
liking the look of this one so far ,Robert,;)

Thanks Monica

I'm really enjoying my paint sessions now I'm using the evolution c+ .
I'm only using the 2mm needle and with the Tamiya paints thinned with x20a it sprays a dream.
I agree with Patrick I should have gone NATO green first but I'm hoping I can pull the tri camo off.
Still lots of work to do on her.

Regards

Robert

Robert1968

SMF Supporter
First Name
Robert
Looking good Robert, although I'd have started with the green first as its generally better to go dark over light - but you should be ok & worst comes to worst, just touch up with the NATO Brown.

Thanks Patrick

I too thought of this but that pinky meng paint just had to go and with the Evo C+ I'm really starting to get a hang on my lines ( he says fingers crossed )
Still lots to do but I'll get on the NATO green soon.
Ps the Tamiya sprays really well from the A/b with the correct dilute with x20 ( watched a you tube on how to thin it correctly )
I know I should be adept at this now but........

Cheers

Robert

Robert1968

SMF Supporter
First Name
Robert
Had half an hour or so and thought I'd lay down the the next tri colour XF-67 NATO green. And I think it's turned out not too bad for a first attempt.
I will poss need to touch up with XF-68 NATO brown here and there and I've read that a very fine mist of buff seems to help blend the colours in and give a more natural dust finish( not tried this yet though
See what you think
Thanks for looking

Robert
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Robert1968

SMF Supporter
First Name
Robert
Thanks guys
Once I have more time I'll finish off the camo scheme then concentrate on the detail painting, mufflers exhausts etc and then the real fun begins weathering!!! and dirty up

Robert

Mr Bowcat

SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Looks good Robert. I have used the dust coat of buff to tie things together, although this has been one of the last things I've done (after most of the weathering). On my KT I also used a filter designed for tri-camo., which was applied immediately after painting the camo.

Robert1968

SMF Supporter
First Name
Robert
Looks good Robert. I have used the dust coat of buff to tie things together, although this has been one of the last things I've done (after most of the weathering). On my KT I also used a filter designed for tri-camo., which was applied immediately after painting the camo.

Thanks
Can you let me know the filter name and price

Thanks

Robert

Mr Bowcat

SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
No, the filter I just brushed on with a wide flat brush. You want to apply it very thinly and evenly over the entire model.

The buff I spray from a good foot away and just mist over the model.

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
looks good,Robert,I do real like it,real well,done,;)