Roberts Dragon 1/35 SU 100

Robert1968

SMF Supporter
First Name
Robert
Been really busy at work lately and little time to get on bench oh and it was the good lady's birthday yesterday so had to show willing on my day off ( hahahahaha )
Well I have had a little progress report.
Lots of the individual small builds have now been attached to the main hull
There are a few minor pieces left to attach before I head for the painting stage.
The PE has been a little on the pain in the ass side as to pinging into the unknown. So I've done my best with what remained IE handles belt buckles etc.
What I have found in my research is that not all SU 100 carried the 4 standard fuel cans on the rear quarter and so I have tried to replicate some loose leather straps on the right side of the vehicle where a missing fuel can would be
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Robert1968

SMF Supporter
First Name
Robert
image.jpeg Update
Well I finally got time to get all the bits and pieces sewn up and headed for the NATO Black ( using as a primer and part shadow coat.
There are quite a few pieces in the kit to finish the model off that Dragon don't have in their ( destruction sheet ) but by studying the drawings and the pieces left on the sprues you just have to work it out. ( quite annoying at times ).
I have also decided on the subject I will try and portray
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    110 KB · Views: 1
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    97.3 KB · Views: 1

Robert1968

SMF Supporter
First Name
Robert
Update
Well the whole assembly and pieces went for a NATO black XF69 coat ( shadow ) then I used Model Color 70.894 (rlm 80 ) which my ref says is Russian tank green.Later this will be getting the hairspray treatment and then resprayed XF2.
Before this stage I will be dealing with the rusting to the exhaust painting the leather straps/ harnesses/ hatches etc and once all that done and any touch ups I'll give a clear coat ( then the hairspray )
I mixed up a concoction colour for the tracks ahand made a start on them
I'll need to touch up the road wheels with rubber black and then I can seal them before the hairspray and weathering starts on them along with the tracks
Still lots to do
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpegimage.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

T

tommy1drop

She really is coming along a treat Robert;) cannot get over how quickly this one is progressing mate, looking forward to seeing the next update.