Roberts McDonnell Douglas Phantom 2 F-4C 1/48 Revell ( monogram.

rickoshea52

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
All those weapons to paint and decal, a tedious but worthwhile job. Good luck.

Robert1968

SMF Supporter
First Name
Robert
All those weapons to paint and decal, a tedious but worthwhile job. Good luck.

Thanks for the wise words Rick but I'm only using the sidewinder B x4 for my Phantom ( Patick me some lovely sparrows to use
However I could use all the weopnry and display on the front of the A/c as I think all shown was available for the Phantom in its many guises

Robert

Robert1968

SMF Supporter
First Name
Robert
Well I've put my Stuka down for a bit and thought I must get on with my other GB build.
The phantom has been sitting in its box awaiting some licks of paint.
I thought of an idea to try the tri colour, so I first rolled some shire tack out thin into thin worms and basically formed the shapes of the first colour ( Dark Green ( FS34079)
I'll leave this to dry overnite and then I'll attempt stage 2. Same again with the rolled worms ( I'm hoping to lap over the first colour a bit to obtain a soft line between colours where they meet.
It's hard to see the olive green against the black primer but it is there and has had 3 light coats
Thanks for looking
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    74.9 KB · Views: 0

Robert1968

SMF Supporter
First Name
Robert
I'll be cracking on with my next colour med green tomorrow.
My soft line will be overlapped when I mask up.

Regards

Robert

D

Deleted member 3568

You've come on leaps and bounds my friend, I wish I could build planes to this standard

Robert1968

SMF Supporter
First Name
Robert
Well the Tri camo island down
Dark Green FS 34079
Medium Green FS 34102
Tan FS 30219
I converted all the paint ref to model air and went with 60/40 paint ratio and after a few hours and a day I've got it nailed I think ( I'm pretty happy with it )
Once all the Indi White tak was taken off I cut in with all the relevant colours to try and give a soft blend of the tri scheme.
I've been also busy by starting to put down some Titamium on the cans ( still needs a pin wash and some smoke stains ( build up etc )
I'll give it a couple of days to full dry and settle before I mask up to spray the nosecone and then it will be sharpen up the lines from the undersides to fuselage.
I broke the two aerials on the tail so I'll have to source some from somewhere.
Still got loads to do.
Thanks for looking
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

D

dubster72

The camo looks really good Robert. You've nailed it just like Ian! No pressure on me then if I ever get to that stage ;)

Now I'm only mentioning this because I've got the same problem where the lower fuselage fits beneath the cockpit. On your pic, I think you might need to revisit the filling there. It's only because the rest is so good that it stands out, but it'd be a shame for that to detract from the rest of a great build.

Snowman

We come in peace, so shoot to kill!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Gavin
Looking good!!:cool::cool:

Robert1968

SMF Supporter
First Name
Robert
Will get the Phantom into the filling station at the weekend, then I'll touch up with the paints. I've made a good start on my weapons ( pics soon )

Robert

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
That looks great. I've had a camera pick up things my mk1 eyeball missed. Bloody annoying at the time.