Roberts Tamiya 1/48 Swordfish ( with extras)

Robert1968

SMF Supporter
First Name
Robert
Small update
I've finally got the fuselage sealed up and placed the tail unit in place. The fit was a bit tricky obviously getting the cage in the exact position ( lords of dry fitting etc ) Onve the interior was given plenty of washes and correctly sealed it was a good fit. There are some fine seam lines I'll have to treat but I'm on to John at Scale Model Shop to get some good fine sealer I have only mr surfacer 500 and squadron green and red so maybe I need to invest in a few more finer fillers.
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    76.6 KB · Views: 2
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    67.7 KB · Views: 2

Robert1968

SMF Supporter
First Name
Robert
Mini update
I have arrached the lower wing/ fuselage struts at the fuselage part but not the wing root just yet as this will aid me in the alignment of the wings/ undercarriage at a later stage ( I read this somewhere ) also I have attached the tail struts and tail/ fuselage support.
The fuselage glazing and cockpit glazing has been given a humbrol maskol coat to protect it when it comes to spraying.
Next are the wings ( more study and more dry fitting
Enjoy
Comments welcome
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Robert1968

SMF Supporter
First Name
Robert
Primer primer and more primer but here's the thing it went down so well and with the new mini A/ b I got from John at Scale Model Shop I had no stoppages from start to finish. Ok there is a bit of getting used to the single action a/b but it is really spectacular.
I used some old foam to pack the cockpit before separating.
The wings have been assembled prior to priming but I'll attack the raging and bracing once the camo is on the wings.
I intend to build up the 3 sections of wings and spray in one s will I hope give an even camo pattern.
Pics of primed progress

image.jpegimage.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    76.5 KB · Views: 3
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    89.7 KB · Views: 3
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    89.3 KB · Views: 3
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    91.6 KB · Views: 3
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    88.6 KB · Views: 3
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    98.7 KB · Views: 3
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    75.4 KB · Views: 3
First Name
Gwyn
Really great looking model Robert you should be proud. I like these old biplanes and look forward to watching your progress.

PhilJ

SMF Supporter
First Name
Phil
Good work so far Robert, all those little fiddly bits that need priming! I tend to realise I've missed a bit in most of mine

Robert1968

SMF Supporter
First Name
Robert
Well it's Ben a while since I got on with this project so thought I'd show you where I'm up too.
The undercarriage is on and aligned correctly ( even used a spirit level ). I've given the undersides a 2 coat of Vallejo white paint 71.001. I'll prob give a final thinned mist coat before I seal with clear.
Once this is all finished and dry I'll start masking up ready for the top camo pattern.
Engine is compleated now and weathering to start next ( oil etc stains )
Pics and comments welcome
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Nice to see the old dear moving along again.

Robert1968

SMF Supporter
First Name
Robert
Thanks guys for the positive comments.
I'm hoping to get some more done this weekend.

Regards

Robert