Royal snail.............

B

bluebottle

Well ,

they did it again , not only did they NOT get my package signed for, the idiot rammed it through the letterbox, completely SMASHING the touch n flow

set into shards along with crushing the tube it was packaged in...

Worst of all, it was the same postie, who cheekily, said after John complained " OH you won't need to sign for this, by the way.."

Obviously having gotten a kick in the arse..:bigmistake:

C

CDW

I dispair sometimes.

what's the score with some compensation from the office?

the last time I had an issue with damaged packaging was a package with African red ants that I was to use for a biological study. luckily they weren't the arsey type that would try and take over the UK and would be killed of by our indigenous species.

T

tecdes

Those are disappointing results.

I cannot remember ever receiving a damaged parcel including those opened by the customs & then resealed.

But then I am served by Jersey Post. Have to add that the mail & packages which come into Jersey via the UK post office are also always in first class condition.

I suppose the difference is a small community where complaints are taken not only very seriously but are headline news in the local paper & two TV Channels. In the Island it takes 10 years to get a reputation but lost in a day.

Laurie

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
Go and live in Europe then u will heve something to complain about the price off parcel sending by royal mail is cheap and quicker than you think don't blame the company everybody mOans about them but they have to be doing something right because no other company comes close to the volume Of items delivered a DAY!!!! By one company.you have just got a idiot postman oh I've worked for them 18 years believe me when I say you havent got a clue till you see a mail centre work full tilt mind blowing is one word I could use...

Last edited by a moderator:
F

Fenlander

It is never good when this happens and it is that one guys fault. I have never had a damaged package and I have great respect for the very friendly postmen we have here. One even waved the better half down as she drove to work the other day to see if I would be in to receive a parcel which was back in his van. She said I would be leaving for work in ten minutes and he said, OK, I will leave it over the road as usual then. Really great team we have.

This does not help you of course and I truly feel your pain.

C

CDW

Johns it the nail on the head, i've seen the hectic insides of a PO sorting office and it is crazy like youve never seen.

It's all down to the bloke who rams it through your door at the end of the day .....

B

bluebottle

John sent me a replacement in the next post, it just arrived....INTACT!

Geedad, think that's bad try Correos Mexico...

I sent my girlfriend a birthday card for her son (Jan) at the same time as the Xmas cards beginning of december last year.

The son's card arrived 4 days after his b/d in Jan, and the Xmas card arrived 2 WEEKS later....