Rust effects

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
To get that effect you can get weathering powders , I wet a brush and stick it in the powder then apply it to where I want , fora crusty look you can use a bit if watered down pva glue and either brush it on or spray it on then sprinkle the powder on to get this effect View attachment 109867

image.jpg

First Name
Robert
\ said:
Sorry Robert, but... eh??
Sorry dubster,

The rust effect I saw on this van was a pic meant for all chaos looking fir rust effects. I thought it would help those looking what rust effects were ( light to heavy )

Yes we all do rust effects of our own. but to see real rust effects and wear and tear on metal.

I thought I'd share it.

First Name
Robert
That's

\ said:
To get that effect you can get weathering powders , I wet a brush and stick it in the powder then apply it to where I want , fora crusty look you can use a bit if watered down pva glue and either brush it on or spray it on then sprinkle the powder on to get this effect View attachment 120697
That's awesome Alan truly looks like it's going to crumble when you touch it.

Regards

Robert

grumpa

SMF Poster
First Name
Jim
Never heard of "weathering powders " before coming to this site, something I will look into for sure. I do like the effect. Though I never did a "ruster" I think I may want to someday.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
That's
That's awesome Alan truly looks like it's going to crumble when you touch it.

Regards

Robert
Cheers Robert that's what's good about ther powders as a wash it makes it look like a rusty stain and layered on it looks like it will crumble if touched :smiling3:

First Name
Robert
Loos like I may be getting john to order me some ( I have rust washes but not powders ( I do have snow powder though) no it's not the magic powder either before a smart Alec comes on an says it

Robert

First Name
Robert
T

\ said:
Weathering powder? Bicarbonate of soda works just as well for much less pennies!
It's how I did the exhausts on my Jagdpather

View attachment 120708
That's s nice technique you got there mate, I like the light dotting of rust effect ( like the wet exhaust has repeatedly caused decay in the metal. It is something I wil try aswell ( bicarbonate soda

Got tip

Robert