SAA/FSA tank/afv rider

Steve Brodie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Couple of hours work last night to get his face / beard painted and main colours blocked in.

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
like the looks of this guy,good start to him,;)

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
like the looks of this guy,good start to him,;)

Steve Brodie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Spent an enjoyable couple of hours last night painting his trousers and weathering his jacket. Trousers all painted with Tamiya acrylics. The jacket was weathered with layered washes of dark green (very thin washes – more like dirty water), and highlighted with further light washes of original colour mixed with some buff/white, takes time to build up, but worth it in the end. To add general grime and darker shadows I used very thin washes of Tamiya Smoke. Tamiya Smoke was also painted over the trousers to take the brightness away. Box art shows them as nice and bright, but can’t believe they would be that clean , even after 10 minutes. Need to add the camo colours to his chest, paint the shemagh and sort out the ammunition pouches. A coat of semi-gloss varnish on the jacket and matt for the trousers and face, and can then ‘dust’ him up a bit.WP_20170516_07_37_26_Pro.jpg WP_20170516_07_37_35_Pro.jpg WP_20170516_07_37_43_Pro.jpg WP_20170516_07_37_55_Pro.jpg

Steve Brodie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Finished him last night, went to remove him from his 'cork' handle and SNAP!! "oh sh.." Must have got some superglue on the base of his foot when putting the pin into the cork. Had to literally dig the pin out of the cork and shave back to the pin, remove the cork from the bottom of his foot. Luckily (if can call i that) it was a clean break within his boot, so no nasty crack line in the camo pattern. A quick repaint with black and okay. Just a coat of grey tonight and then i am leaving well alone - until i mount him on a temporary base.