SAAF 1/72 CL-13 SABRE Mk6

D

dubster72

That's very impressive Theuns! I like how you kept the pre-shading with the camo on top.

Cheers

Patrick

First Name
Mike
Looks great Theuns, really nice paint job. Does the kit come with the extended wing slats?

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
very nice

one of my fave aircraft so nice to see it in a different camo scheme to the usual

T

T. van Vuuren

Wow, I really need to stop doubble posting pix!

Thanx guys, yes it does come with the extended flaps and the non 6-3 wing, exactly like on the CL-13b's we used.

Interestingly the camo pattern was mirrored on the upper surfases of the wings under the slats.

I had to fill and sand the massive step ontop of the wing where the slat retracted into, it was was to high..

TheunsView attachment 83739

models 189.jpg

T

T. van Vuuren

Forgot to add, it was not pre shading, I thought it would not be required with this pattern, but after I painted it , it looked to "toy like" so I did post shading with dry pastel powders, needless to say it is not really how the real one looked but without it the model does not apprear right.......go figure! LOL

Theuns

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
Looks great Theuns,you have done a great job on the painting, a nice clean build;)

T

treyzx10r

Theuns another great looking build! Most impressive post shading as well,very nicely done Sir!

A

Airfix Modeller Freak

Theuns, you have made a great sabre there with an interesting scheme which adds interest. A great change from tall those bare metal US schemes which are always common

John

T

T. van Vuuren

Thanx, the SAAF flew (# 2 Sqn as part of the UN in Korea) F-86's but handed them back to the USAAF at war's ens.

Back in SA they got Canadair CL-13 b's also in bare metal for a while then went to the camo.

Theuns

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Awesome build Theuns, you have captured the scheme nicely.