Savoia-Marchetti S.M.79-II Sparviero 1/48 Trumpeter

T

treyzx10r

3 Days of work on the mills and I'n ready to move on to the next step. My first attempt at scratch building exhausts might be my last what a pain!

started filling on the wings not too much needed thankfuly

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Those engines look great. Well worth the effort,even if it is your last time lol!

Cheers

Steve

T

treyzx10r

Thanks Steve!

Finally ready for primer just need to rescribe a very few panel line areas lost during the filling and sanding

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Wow Trey, before I went away you were just doing the 'Office'. Just look at it now!.

Great progress. What a pain those engines must have been....One would send me up the wall , but three!!!!

Well done,

Ron

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
That does look good. It also looks like you needed a bit of filler. Is that Squadron Green that you use? I never got on with that stuff!

Cheers

Steve

T

treyzx10r

thanks Ron yes having 3 was bad could'nt imagine doing a 4 engine job , but hey at that point whats one more right lol? Thanks Tony and thanks Steve yes thats Squad Green it seems ok to me ,just curious what did'nt you like about ?

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
I found it a bit coarse,that is when I sanded it I could never completely feather the edge in. I think it's a personal thing,I mentioned in another thread that a friend and fellow modeller swears by it. I just prefer Tamiya's filler.

Cheers

Steve

T

treyzx10r

\ said:
I found it a bit coarse,that is when I sanded it I could never completely feather the edge in. I think it's a personal thing,I mentioned in another thread that a friend and fellow modeller swears by it. I just prefer Tamiya's filler.Cheers

Steve
I thin it with acetone and it helps a lot

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
\ said:
I thin it with acetone and it helps a lot
Well it certainly works for you !

I don't want to sound like I'm putting the product down,lots of people use it to good effect as you've demonstrated above. I just find the Tamiya filler easier.

Cheers

Steve

First Name
Dave
This is looking a first class build as usual.I could learn a thing or two about detailing interiors from you Trey (see my Kingfisher!).

T

treyzx10r

Steve thanks ,I'm going to get some Tamiya filler just to check it out. Dave thanks I'm still learning too!

I finally got all the seams filled after a second going over and got it in primer.There were some low spots(sinks) in the wings at the trailing edge that I missed and a few gaps to sort nothing major

T

treyzx10r

I rescribed the panel lines

then sprayed the cammo, I could'nt find the recommended colors so mixed some up myself ,I think its close to being correct

the 193-6 is the scheme I went with

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Hi trey, looking excellent, top work on the camo, it isnt easy, i know!!The engines have really come to life now after your extra detailing, looking forward to seeing it decalled, cheers tony

T

treyzx10r

Thank you Tony much appreciated!

I'm almost there,got the decals done next a little weathering

D

dm73

Trey, all i can say is wow, the camo and details are great, looking forward to the weathering

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
You've nailed that camo Trey.....smoke rings next?

Cheers

Steve

L

Lancasterb1

Lovely Camo job there Trey, it is looking very nice indeed

Andy