Sbd Dauntless Dive Bomber

G

GEEDUBBYA

Howdy guys,

Ok, its been a week or so since my last build, this time it is Revells version of the Douglas SBD "DAUNTLESS" Dive bomber. This was the most famous Dive bomber the US had during wwII, and was used by the Army, Navy and Marines. It was also used by many allied air forces during the war.

Anyway, this model took about one and a half hours start to finish, its a fairly simple model and the painting took longer than the construction.

So, here she is....yes, on my driveway:

Have a good day,

Greg

H

Hogbopper

Hi Greg very nice Dauntless looks great from pics well done, but i would like to see some more tanks in that gallery of yours lol.

G

GEEDUBBYA

Howdy Robert,

Well, I do have alot of tank and armor models also, models like the Dragon wagon tank transporter, the M1A1, the M2 bradley, the Merkava MBT, the Paladin, and many others. The only problem, they are still in the boxes lol.

At one time I did alot of armor models and, I will eventually get around to the ones i have now, my backlog is unbelievable. I have about 200 aircraft in the boxes waiting to be built as we speak.

However, I might try to get a piece of armor out in the near future. When I do, it will be posted here.

Have a good day,

greg

wonwinglo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
Another great model Greg that would defy the speed build process that you use to make your models,by the way do you use cyno as opposed to poly cement ?

G

GEEDUBBYA

Howdy barry,

Thanks for the kind words. Actually I use both, just depends on what i am cementing at the time. I have found that cyno is good for parts that you dont want to have to hold together for a long time....ie....joining two halves of a fuselage. However, it is not good for clear polystyrene in as much as it will cause it to "cloud".

I have even found that by mixing abit of starch or even baby powder will "thicken it up abit" which is great for filling gaps. I learned this trick working with "lock-tites" Black max while employeed in the transformer components industry. We used Black max to fill 'pin holes" in components insulation which, if left unfilled, would cause the parts to fail, thereby ruining a perfectly good transformer lol.

We used to mix some of the epoxy "powder" with the black max (which is actually cyno) and it became a paste or almost a putty depending on the mixture. It still sets up fast like unmixed cyno, but will fill a gap really easily like a putty. You only need some sort of spatula to apply it with.

have a good day,

greg