Scale Model Shop's New Website

John

Administrator
Administrator
new-site-banner.jpg

We have a new website www.scalemodelshop.co.uk has a new look, it started last October so it's not been a quick job, but finally it's here, and I'm so glad, it's been getting me a bit stressed and the wife said grumpy :cold-sweat:

The old platform was coming to end of life later this year so it meant no more security updates, it's served us well for 8 years but technology moves on, I would really appreciate your comments on the site and if you find any issues I would like to hear about them too.

You will have to register on it again, but the reward points are back and you will get 500 free one's to get you going.

Mr Bowcat

SMF Poster
First Name
Bob
New site looks good John. Signed up for a new account, will my old points get carried over?

John

Administrator
Administrator
New site looks good John. Signed up for a new account, will my old points get carried over?
No sorry Bob they won't, I was emailing people for 3 months prior to stopping them and they haven't been available since Jan 1st, there is no way of knowing how many people had, but I will be adding more ways to earn points for things like products reviews and place xx orders get xx extra points.

Mr Bowcat

SMF Poster
First Name
Bob
Excellent, cheers John. I'd be more than happy to review the products I buy from you.

Fenlander

SMF Poster
First Name
Graham
It does look a lot better, now I know the relevant sub menu pops up on the right hand side instead of the old big drop down menu :smiling: Us old folks take time to learn these things lol.

Seriously though, it does look really modern, clean layout and still far too much full of things I don’t know if I can live without........:thumb2:

Cannot believe you would get ‘grumpy’ :rolling:

Mak

SMF Poster
First Name
M
The website seems a fair bit quicker than the old one.

I have just noticed a small issue with entering a shipping address - I used the "contact us" to send you the details. :thumb2:

John

Administrator
Administrator

I have just noticed a small issue with entering a shipping address - I used the "contact us" to send you the details. :thumb2:
Thanks, I’ve contacted the developers so hopefully they will fix that today.

Ian M

GB Mod
Administrator
First Name
Ian
It does look cleaner and works faster. Glad that the "see more items" has been sorted, but I do miss the "add to wish list" right on the first page when you see an item. Sort of like the option to add to basket or wish-list.

All I need now is some money so I can try it out for propper! lol

John

Administrator
Administrator
It does look cleaner and works faster. Glad that the "see more items" has been sorted, but I do miss the "add to wish list" right on the first page when you see an item. Sort of like the option to add to basket or wish-list.

All I need now is some money so I can try it out for propper! lol
I did ask the developers to add that to it but they couldn't :confused:

Sorry I can't help you with money, I've spent up after paying for the site :sleeping2:

John

Administrator
Administrator

That issue is now fixed. thanks for pointing it out.

bazers

SMF Poster
First Name
barry
View attachment 297442

We have a new website www.scalemodelshop.co.uk has a new look, it started last October so it's not been a quick job, but finally it's here, and I'm so glad, it's been getting me a bit stressed and the wife said grumpy :cold-sweat:

The old platform was coming to end of life later this year so it meant no more security updates, it's served us well for 8 years but technology moves on, I would really appreciate your comments on the site and if you find any issues I would like to hear about them too.

You will have to register on it again, but the reward points are back and you will get 500 free one's to get you going.
How do I register .

First Name
Rick
Hi John,
I tried logging on to the shop website but it seems my details were invalid, I’ve created a new account but lost all my account history, wish lists and points. Is this something you can correct? It’s no big deal if you can’t.

Ta.

John

Administrator
Administrator
Hi John,
I tried logging on to the shop website but it seems my details were invalid, I’ve created a new account but lost all my account history, wish lists and points. Is this something you can correct? It’s no big deal if you can’t.

Ta.
Sorry there isn't anything I can do, as i said it's a new system and everyone will have to register again.