Scale Plans

U

Uncivil Serpent

Hi All,

Does anyone out there have any views on the reliability or otherwise of plans sourced from Aviation News?

Many thanks

Chris

wonwinglo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
Hi All,Does anyone out there have any views on the reliability or otherwise of plans sourced from Aviation News?

Many thanks

Chris
*** Chris in general these are considered to be very good,Alan Hall took a real pride in the production of these drawings,the ones by the late Mike Keep are of exceptional quality as he was a stickler for detail.

U

Uncivil Serpent

*** Chris in general these are considered to be very good' date='Alan Hall took a real pride in the production of these drawings,the ones by the late Mike Keep are of exceptional quality as he was a stckler for detail.[/quote']Hi Barry,

Thanks for that.

I know they advertised themselves as being the best, but then who doesn't these days?

Regards

Chris

wonwinglo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
*** The plans to watch for inaccuracy are those done for the wartime publication 'Aircraft of the fighting powers' whilst an important historical document that should be on every enthusiasts bookshelf,they are far from accurate,like all drawings gather together as much information as you can before you build,just recently I did a Grumman Hellcat cook-up on the internet,I built it from the downloadable drawings only to find many things that were inaccurate,the distinctive built in downthrust of this aircraft was not even shown on some manufacturers drawings ! remember the simple task of doing 3-views was usually given to the youngest draughtsman to keep him out of mischief,so dont trust even these works drawings.

Hi Barry,Thanks for that.

I know they advertised themselves as being the best, but then who doesn't these days?

Regards

Chris

N

Nigel.D

I have allways sworn by the plans drawn up by Arthur Bentley the detail and accuracy is amazing