Scotties attempt

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
I am always frustrated when it comes to figure painting but here is my attempt at a figure to populate my latest build. The figure comes from the new tool Tamyia set and are very nicely done and the fit of the parts is excellent.

DSCF4251.JPG

DSCF4252.JPG

cheers
Scottie

JayCee

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Very nice, Paul. The shading looks spot on.
John.

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
I'm no figure painter Bro! Everything looks really good and his equipment too. I would say get a little color on his face as he looks like he was a guest star in "The Walking Dead"...

Prost
Allen

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Looks good to me Paul. As Allen says, he could perhaps do with a little more facial colour, but everything else looks great. I especially like the worn look on the boots and the colour of the rifle. He actually reminds me of the desaturated colour shots of the period :thumb2:

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Very well done Scottie. Outlining the straps etc is effective. Is that a decal on his left sleeve.

langy71

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
looking good, like the guys have mentioned a splash of colour to his face will help loads, Is it just me or does anybody else get 'John Wayne' vibes looking at his face ?

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Very nice, Paul. The shading looks spot on.
John.
I'm no figure painter Bro! Everything looks really good and his equipment too. I would say get a little color on his face as he looks like he was a guest star in "The Walking Dead"...

Prost
Allen
Looks good to me Paul. As Allen says, he could perhaps do with a little more facial colour, but everything else looks great. I especially like the worn look on the boots and the colour of the rifle. He actually reminds me of the desaturated colour shots of the period :thumb2:
Very well done Scottie. Outlining the straps etc is effective. Is that a decal on his left sleeve.
Very good! I love the straps and the boots, very sharp and neat.
looking good, like the guys have mentioned a splash of colour to his face will help loads, Is it just me or does anybody else get 'John Wayne' vibes looking at his face ?

Thank you guys appreciate the feed back. I will revisit the face and look at getting some more colour in to it. It's not as bad as the picture would suggest but compared with the hands in the picure it does look very washed out. Jim yes it's a decal taht came with the set of soldiers it has a series of ranks and helmet flashes.

Once again I appreciate the feedback thank you.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Not now….now you’ve said it I see the Duke in him as well.

Gavalaar1980

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gavin
This is really good! Excellent work and I like the shadows you've painted in the uniform creases. G

Scratchbuilder

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
To quote a good friend - "well it's not bad but...............actually it's quite excellent mate."
Better and better, how many more are you going to add?

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Not now….now you’ve said it I see the Duke in him as well.
I did wonder if anyone would notice, I was actually going for clint eastwood :tongue-out3: :smiling:
Now you mention it - yes. :smiling:
if only
This is really good! Excellent work and I like the shadows you've painted in the uniform creases. G
cheers Gavin.
To quote a good friend - "well it's not bad but...............actually it's quite excellent mate."
Better and better, how many more are you going to add?
Lol thanks mate He is the only one for now.
I like it. Great shading and detail.
Cheers Mike glad you like it.