Scracth U.S.S. MISSOURI BB-63

D

deckape

Ahoy

Here is my 10ft scratch built RC model of the U.S.S. MISSOURI BB-63 wearing paint measure 32d. I have a boat trailor in back of my spring house where I stow my BIg Mo and the rest of of My RC fleet.With this trailor I tow my ship to the local pond. Here in Ohio you dont see very many fellas driveing down the free way with 10ft. Battleship. this vessel was constructed from builders plans obtained through the floating Drydock this company has a vast collection of warship drawings of all nations.We have thanksgiveing in a day or two i got to take her off our extra dinning table to accominate guest. Here she is.

View attachment 22067

View attachment 28942

bb63o.jpg

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Franklyn, that one helluva centre piece!

Great looking model of the famous battle ship I expect it loos superb in the water.

All the best

Paul

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Franklin, that is one impressive ship.

Any chance of some pictures of her actually afloat?

Cheers,

Ron

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Beautiful ship! Where on earth do you keep her? Like Ron I'd love to see her afloat.

Cheers

Steve

S

Sky Raider

Nice peice of kit there. Like the guys have said, would love to see it in its envoiroment, sailing along in its glory.

Andy

D

deckape

Thanks Fellas for your reply on my Big Mo, I keep her in the spring house in back of my home sometimes in the garage, But my woman dont like it in the garage so you got tp keep mamam happy. 10ft is a big ship she weighs at 90 pounds it takes two sailors to help to launch this behemoth. Ok fellas you guys ask for it her she is underway ships colors.View attachment 22123

View attachment 28984

bb63k.jpg

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Franklyn, that is one stunning model. thank you for posting the picture.

Any more information? What is she made of, how long to build? ect.

I for one would love to know more about this wonderful creation (and possibly more pictures!)

Cheers,

Ron

B

Bunkerbarge

Scratchbuilding at it's best Franklyn, a superb model and all the more interesting for being made into a working one and I bet she draws quite a crowd at the pond as well.

I sometimes struggle with some of mine and they are only about four feet long so it must be quite an effort to get this down to the water. Well worth it though.

D

deckape

Ahoy

thanks fellas for your replies on my old Big Mo, as to the length of time in the construction it took me 6 years to build, i poured some hours into this i ene burned the midnight oil and kept mama steamed and sizzled, like everyone else has replied my firstmate ruthie said where in the sam hell are you going to keep this at? No problem i will store her in the spring house no one goes there any way what can be a better place. she still out there it takes about two of us to load her up on my boat trialer same when it comes launching her in the sea. funny thing the most enjoyment i get is the look on peoples faces when your going down the free way towing a 10 foot Battleship. when it comes to the pond a lot of lookers they all come down to the same question in mind where do you keep it at. Maybe i should post a sign i keep it in the spring house LOLLLLLLLLLLlllllll Stand by fellas i will add some more detail close up shot of her.

W

weareborg

That is one truely amazing piece of work. I wouldn't even know where to start with something like that.

Andy

S

Sky Raider

Beutiful, a stunning work of art. How long did it take you to build?.

Andy

D

deckape

\ said:
Beutiful, a stunning work of art. How long did it take you to build?.Andy
Andy

Thank you for your reply on Big Mo she took about 5 years to build, a time consumeing build to say the least. It took a lot of work to build this old Battleship.

C

cryton 5

:noidea:hi loved your'e picture's ,i have just required this model looking into fact's decal before comencing just completed germanship bismark alone with first model R.M.S TITANIC kind regards cryton 5

C

cryton 5

ahoy captain ,myself embarking on missouri she'll set sale within 2011 ,keep a good eye out for her ,whoooarrra me ship mate's get out the plak if not good enough to join hahaha .

C

cryton 5

hi love what youve done ,just started myself on missiouri ,going down camoflarge paths best regards enjoy RC captain !!! ha