SE5A 1/5 scale any tips or photos on a similar scale build would be appreciated.

Fitzy

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jerry
I am about to begin construction on a 1/5 scale SE5A any construction tips or photos of past builds would be appreciated. It is a Bel Air kit I have the plans but very little on construction. I have built several aircraft in the past including a Sopwith and other planes. This is the first though that came with no building instructions. So I am on new turf here.

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Never built anything like that myself, but perhaps it might help to look at instructions for other kits of the SE5A?

Steve-the-Duck

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
Bel Air's own website has a downloadable build guide
Probably one of the best sites for reference material on actual 'planes would be Wingnut Wings site, if it's still running?

Fitzy

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jerry
I viewed their downloads and the only thing they have is a 2 page instruction on their smaller electric scale SE5a.

Steve-the-Duck

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
I viewed their downloads and the only thing they have is a 2 page instruction on their smaller electric scale SE5a.
Well, that answers why there appear to be two different prices on the kits. Some model manufacturerrs are just not helpful

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
From many moons ago on this very site:

Mark1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
There is 1/5 plans for sale on ebay and free downloads at a quick google