Sea Foam

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Wonderful job you budding horticultarists.Mine would last long with x2 mad cats.They would trash any flora and fauna.
Richard
Embalming of cats could be arranged ! :sick::cool:
No not really, we've had two cats, also had 2 dogs, rabbit, guinea pig, stick insects. ( Mass escape at one point when the lid was left off .) and fish in a pond, had one ghost Koi for over 35 years.
John.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
What-Ho fellow gardeners
My plants have been hanging/drying in the garage for a couple of weeks. Still a bit sticky though. Because they were attacked by creepy-crawlies I had to 'harvest' them a bit early and consequently a lot of leaves were still attached. Sat watching TV yesterday and picked off the leaves and stuck them right way up. I have 12 altogether. Not sure what gets done next? Professor John will enlighten me :smiling4:
P1050622.JPG
P1050624.JPG
Jim

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
What-Ho fellow gardeners
My plants have been hanging/drying in the garage for a couple of weeks. Still a bit sticky though. Because they were attacked by creepy-crawlies I had to 'harvest' them a bit early and consequently a lot of leaves were still attached. Sat watching TV yesterday and picked off the leaves and stuck them right way up. I have 12 altogether. Not sure what gets done next? Professor John will enlighten me :smiling4:
View attachment 315117
View attachment 315118
Jim
Jim.
A lovely collection of specimens. Just let them carry on drying for a little longer, and then spray silver and green and you have all the Christmas decorations you need. :surprised::smiling4::smiling4::smiling4::smiling4::smiling4::smiling4:
No not really
Just let them dry a bit longer, then put in store. I use a plastic draw near the bench. As to the stickiness I looked at rinsing them, but could find nothing in any article suggesting th that. Just a matter of time I suppose. I've done one lot, the rest are now in. We could have done them when still green, but they still would have to hang and be de leaved. Did you save any seed ? Even seed that has been left on and has treatment seems to germinate. I've got about 1000 pus seeds, heaven knows what I'm going to do with them. !

John.

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Thanks for the info on the glycerine guys. Will be experimenting soon.

The harvesting looks great...sooner or later you can do the Ardennes, John. :smiling6:

Cheers,
Richard

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi John
The stickiness was really only on the leaves, what I have now is pretty dry. I have not saved seeds as I have a lot left in the packet I bought to start with. When they are used do you airbrush them and add foliage?
Jim

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hi John
The stickiness was really only on the leaves, what I have now is pretty dry. I have not saved seeds as I have a lot left in the packet I bought to start with. When they are used do you airbrush them and add foliage?
Jim
Jim.
Yes air brush some base colour on, light browns etc, I would most likely do Silver Birch, with white and a little dark brown. Once dry spray either with Hair spray, or a matt varnish, then holding over box/ tray sprinkle the foliage as normal . Although resilient they do need care. When using on a base, drill , spot of pva in the hole and stick in. If I do as Richard suggests you will be finished about 2200:smiling2:
John .