Sherman bits

J

JohnAL

Hello everyone,
I'm new to this forum business so I hope I'm in the right bit.
Does anyone know where I can buy, in 1/35 scale, a fuel filler funnel and water cans of the type carried British Shermans in North Africa. I've looked at several sites on the web but with no luck. Thanks in anticipation.
John.

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Bronco has a set with British equipment that includes flimsies and funnels:

d5bba93fd4a9dc8fa187aff11353d763.image.640x468.jpg

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Nice one Jakko.:thumb2: Just brought this set and you get a lot for your money. Also the parts are nicely detailed with decals and PE on selected parts

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
I don’t have it, but if the set is comparable to Bronco’s German jerrycans then it’s certainly to be recommended. (And as a bit of trivia/need-to-know knowledge: the jerrycans in the set above are not German.)

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
John,
I can recommend this set I have used various parts from the set.

J

JohnAL

Hi Scottie,
Many thanks for that info. One query thought, looking at the box art the funnels look quite small. I'm attaching a photo of Shermans with the funnels on the back. They look bigger than the one's on the box.
Cheers.

Attachments

• Sherman_tanks_of_the_Eighth_Army_move_across_the_desert-1.jpg
    Sherman_tanks_of_the_Eighth_Army_move_across_the_desert-1.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 19

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Ah, yes, the ones in the set are definitely smaller than what’s on those Shermans :smiling3: No idea where to get ones that big, though.

J

JohnAL

Ah, yes, the ones in the set are definitely smaller than what’s on those Shermans :smiling3: No idea where to get ones that big, though.
Ok Jakko, thanks for your input. Just have to keep on looking, or perhaps try and scratch build one.

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Looking again at the photo you posted, the jerrycan on the Sherman on the right is an American one, not a British or German type (these last two would be indistinguishable in a photo like that). Chances are the can on the other Sherman is American too, but I can’t tell from the photo. These jerrycans are available in a number of sets, including the old but reliable Italeri one:

resize.asp

The funnel is available in a resin set by Resicast, but unless you plan on building several more British tanks, €25.49 plus postage seems a bit steep for just one funnel …

J

JohnAL

Looking again at the photo you posted, the jerrycan on the Sherman on the right is an American one, not a British or German type (these last two would be indistinguishable in a photo like that). Chances are the can on the other Sherman is American too, but I can’t tell from the photo. These jerrycans are available in a number of sets, including the old but reliable Italeri one:

resize.asp

The funnel is available in a resin set by Resicast, but unless you plan on building several more British tanks, €25.49 plus postage seems a bit steep for just one funnel …
Thanks again Jakko, that is a lot to pay for one funnel, so it definitely looks like plan B, making one.

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Thanks again Jakko, that is a lot to pay for one funnel, so it definitely looks like plan B, making one.
You could also ask in the for sale/wanted section of the site if anyone has one to spare. (You may need a certain number of posts to be able to see that section, though, I’m not sure.)