SIG chat

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Hi Ian whats the difference between the sig build and gb ? i have a couple of sci fi kits myself and just wondered what its all about and what to do

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Well Ian, If you want the official reply; A SIG build stands for Special Interest Group Build where as a GB is Just a Group build.

Our forum is a bit different. My intention with the SIG builds was to find a theme that would be held quite close to the line. Like in the Then and Now one.

I would of continued along these lines with for example a SIG build of one type such as in Challenger Challenge. The problem is that there was not a lot of interest.

So on our forum SIG builds are a sort of mix of a GB with more time for super detail or scratch build options.

So unless I can convince every one that this is a good idea, you can consider the SIG's as a long group build with a narrower field of view.

Confused?

Ian M

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Hello boys!

I just thought I would throw a curve ball for you all to swing at.

Who fancies a "what if" themed aircraft build.

My suggestion is this:

Any aircraft, in any scale. Simple as that? Nope. Paint it in an camouflage scheme that the aircraft has never really been painted in. Be it a scheme from another air-force or a made up one. It just has to be realistic enough to be believable.

You can have the rest of the year to buy, build and paint it in. Or if you have a built kit that you are unhappy with, you can also use that for a repaint. We can drop the normal box top and sprue shots, but if you want to you can or if its a repaint, you can post a photo of the model before the repaint.

Any takers. More than ten and I'll open a build forum for it.

Ian M

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
This is right up my street Ian! count me in, although ive no idea what yet!! cheers tony

C

CDW

ill have a bash at it. does the aircraft have to be physically accurate or can that be what if as well?

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
\ said:
ill have a bash at it. does the aircraft have to be physically accurate or can that be what if as well?
I had not thought of that! yer why not, go on then.

Ian M

P

Polux

Hi Ian!

Is it possible to realize a commercial painting? Or only

Military?

These days I was thinking of trying again my " Crashed Tilly ", but I like so much this idea!

It will be my first plane and will be false...

I'm in!

Polux

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
\ said:
Hi Ian!Is it possible to realize a commercial painting? Or only

Military?

These days I was thinking of trying again my " Crashed Tilly ", but I like so much this idea!

It will be my first plane and will be false...

I'm in!

Polux
A commercial aircraft in camouflage?..... works for me?

Ian M

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
I've been trawling Evil bay for ideas, some ideas about what to do but nothing definite but six months should be long enough to figure something out. I'm in.

Tony.

Ps is the Sci-Fi idea dead now ?

Last edited by a moderator:

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
I think i love you Ian, been thinking of something like this. I seen a great pic on the net and been dying to try it out, it's a F-14 in Imperial (Star Wars) colours. So if it's ok with you mate, i'll do a F-14D in Rebel Alliance colours.

Have fun, John

C

CDW

ok i'll get my idea in ....... bit original methinks ..... what-if aircraft and what-if camo

It'll be a 1/72 Messerschmitt Bf 110 E-1 ......"BI-PLANE" ..... in modern korean woodland camo pattern.

Freaky enough???

If this build doesn't make it, i'll still build it for a laugh. :smiling3:

P

Polux

\ said:
A commercial aircraft in camouflage?..... works for me?Ian M
Mi idea is....

Imagine an old Spitfire, weathering, rusty and painted with showy colors, hung of a post of road, publicized a nearby local airport.

Fly with us!!!

P

Polux

Ian... Have your Ok??

If not I think other option!!! Don't worry!!

Regards

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Well ive got mine sorted, ive got an old 70's kit in the cupboard that i nearly threw away several times but didnt, this is the perfect opportunity to use it . What is it? its the old airfix HS Hawk circa 1973, to be turned into something nearly but not quite the same! cheers tony

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
\ said:
Mi idea is....Imagine an old Spitfire, weathering, rusty and painted with showy colors, hung of a post of road, publicized a nearby local airport.

Fly with us!!!
Not really the right idea Polux. Sorry.

Ian M

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Were up to seven starters already! Cool.

Any one else? Stona? Trey?

Ian M