Sigs for 2014...

Which order shall we take them...Or start them all?

• EE lightning

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Harrier

• FAA/NAS

• Valentine

• Start them all at once....

• Sherman

• Total voters

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
As mentioned in another thread that I cant find at the moment (moved it somewhere, but where lol).

There are at present a few great ideas for a SIG build and they are:

English Electric Lightning. A single type build, all marks

The Harrier. Also a single type build all marks

The Fleet Air Arm /Naval Air Service. Any aircraft that was either in FAA or NAS paint.

Only one for the Tankers (at the moment).

A Valentine Tank. Single type any mark.

The Poll is PURELY to see if there is a preference to in which order.

As not every one would join in every build (but are welcome to), I see no reason why we cant have as many SIG builds as we like. I would though say that at 6 months duration, it might be a bit misplaced to start any after June, so we can be finished for the next year.....

I'm good for all four this year as I have a few suitable victims in the stash. So do any of you have a suggestion that you would like added to the SIG board?

Ian M

First Name
Dave
I've voted for FAA but I've also got a Lightning and Harrier in my stash.So I don't really mind which one we start first.

P

Polux

It's only a suggestion...

How about a Sherman for the tankers.

Many brands, and have a lot of versions and markings.

It's an interesting subject.

Cheers. Polux

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Thats not a bad idea Polux. There was rather a lot of them if we take the Sherman based variants as well.

Ian M

rickoshea52

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Perhaps instead of a tank in the fighting/combat role how about some kind of armoured support vehicle? A rich source for bridge building, recovery, engineering type vehicles etc. Something a bit different from your common or garden "tank".

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
I think the bridge layers might be a bit hard to source, but recovery units should be doable.

Actually I was on Accurate Armour yesterday and they have some new toys on the way. Mirror models have one or two on the way... there are even a few transporters to choose from...

Hmm that could be a good one that. Tank recovery SIG. Sound good to you Rick?

Ian M

C

CDW

I like the Sherman idea.

I was a bit lost for ideas with so many aircraft in the mix to be honest.

rickoshea52

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Tank or armoured vehicle recovery, replenishment, re-arm etc. Something armoured but not neccessarily a fighting vehicle I suppose. We have aircraft and a tank in the list already, I'm just trying to expand the subject matter and provoke a bit of thought and add variety without muddying the waters too much...........just a minute while I go and spin another plate!

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
The thing is though Rick I am really trying to hold the SIG builds on a pretty short leash. This is what makes it both hard to find a good subject but interesting because there is a closer relationship between the builds.

Ian M

First Name
Dave
Some good subjects but not many votes so far.Which is a bit disappointing.

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
i havnt voted as there is not much that appeals

for me 'valentine' is too restrictive.....quick look on hannants show only 10 different kits from 3 manufacurers......all of which are too expensive, at least to me, specially when i doing my best not to spend much on kits for the next 6+ months

likewise with Harrier and FAA, although the Harrier is one of my fave aircraft

Lightning would be a goer for me as another forum im on has a 9 month Lightning GB starting soon and i do have one in the stash

C

CDW

As I touched on above, I've established I'm not into aircraft, and I have other things I can be spending 25/30 quid on at the mo so the valentines out ...... I can pick up a Sherman for about a fiver which is why I thought it was a reasonable idea to add it on.

I ain't got no stash to fall back on either :smiling3: :smiling3: :smiling3: :smiling3:

*edit*

I should add that this isn't a moan, its just that I'd like to join in as many builds as I can as I enjoy them immensely, and appreciate the hours that go into organising them on the forum.

Car maintenance, Xmas, and late year birthdays have put paid to all me spare wonga!

Last edited:

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Paul; If you have an idea, spit it out. The ONLY reason there are only the four are because the're the only solid ideas at the moment.

There are a good few car builders on here and not one has made a suggestion, well not printable ones.... :smiling3:

Colin; Sherman is a good idea and will be in the calender at some point. TBH I cant be chuffed to make a new poll every time a good idea comes up.

Ian M

C

CDW

\ said:
TBH I cant be chuffed to make a new poll every time a good idea comes up.
I can understand that mate, no worries.

If you look at what's available in all the group builds... There's something for every body so any extras that make it in are just an added bonus, which is great.

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Purely from my own perspective I already have a couple of Harrier kits in my stash and therefore at least one FAA/NAS theme as well, but none of the others. I'd like to take part but won't be able to start anything new for a few months, having just moved house and still have a lot to do in the outside world. Also I have a couple of unfinished kits including the previous Phantom SIG build :sad: (sorry Ian!). So if it works out I'd like to do the Harrier thing later if there is a theme others would like to get on with first.

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
\ said:
Paul; If you have an idea, spit it out. The ONLY reason there are only the four are because the're the only solid ideas at the moment.There are a good few car builders on here and not one has made a suggestion, well not printable ones.... :smiling3:

Colin; Sherman is a good idea and will be in the calender at some point. TBH I cant be chuffed to make a new poll every time a good idea comes up.

Ian M
Porsche

Ferrari

mini

muscle car

sherman is a good option as its the spitfire of the armour genre.......every manufacturer does one

C

CDW

Like the mini idea .... Plenty of scope there ...... Standard, pimped, rally, rodded etc..... Good call!

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
As long as its the real mini and not that BMW Thing

Ian M

P

Polux

\ said:
and not that BMW ThingIan M
Lovely description :smiling3: :smiling3: :smiling3:

I like very much the "mini" idea...but what is happening this year :o ... all are planes and cars!! :smiling3: never been more agree all together :rolleyes:

We have the movie and the rally one on the GBs...

The first will be the float plane GB...so better start with another thing different like a plane maybe?

Or not problem, now I remember one is three months and the other six, sorry :confused: