SK Miniatures 1/9 US Vietnam Marine Bust

• Thread starter Deleted member 6559
  • Start date

Richard48

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Hi Peter.
Hes a bobby dazzler.Really looks great all painted up.Its a nice pose but shame the castings were bit grim in places.Maybe Carl didnt smooth masters enough.Will have to get Mr and Mrs spank to make a short sharp trip to his botty land.Onwards and upwards matey.
Richard

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Peter

As I keep saying your busts are your strongest medium. Another awesome finish. Certainly in my top five of the busts that you have done. It's been a pleasure following along. Many thanks

Steve

D

Deleted member 6559

Thanks for your amazing response people. I don't think he's anywhere near my best, but I'm glad he's struck a chord.

No need to bother anyone's botty Richard! I've always found the finish an issue with Carl Reid - I get the impression that he's a very busy man and is rushing them out a bit. He's a superb sculptor though.

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Peter, you've got his skin tone perfectly. Another clean and fast finish that always amazes me. The detail and features on the bust must have been great to work with.

Cheers,
Richard

D

Deleted member 6559

Steve, you know how it is - 'So many kits, so little time!' Many thanks.

Thanks Richard. Yes, the detail, particularly the creases and wrinkles on the clothing, made this one a lot of fun.

BigGreg

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gregory
Peter.... wonderful.... wonderful.....the skin color is spectacular

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
As expected Peter another outstanding piece of work, in my humble opinion one of the best faces you've done, a real lifelike quality.
Mick

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
late in on this one,but just stunning work,real like,the skin tones,and never an easy task, to do,
just the whole,lot together looks so good,one and only try to reach this standed of work, :smiling::thumb2:

D

Deleted member 6559

Many thanks people. As always, a great sculpt does most of the work.

R

RichardMo

fantastic my friend I really enjoy watching you work. I have been looking for a Vietnam kit for sometime to paint it is a black man with backpack and m-16 I think it is from SK as well it is a long out of production kit but on my holy grail list lol. they would look good together .

D

Deleted member 6559

Very kind of you Rick. I've seen pictures of the SK kit and it does look very nice. Good luck in your search.

R

RichardMo

as par your colors are spot on and composition is perfect I am find your African American tones to be magnificent sir as usual you leave me in awe I'm proud to have been honored to see this masterpiece
RICK

First Name
Wouter
Hi Peter, an awesome finish mate. I'm particularly drawn towards the camouflage on the helmet for some reason. Well done!

Cheers

D

Deleted member 6559

Rick - Woah, steady on! Too much praise. I did enjoy this one as it was a great sculpt, and it set up quite a few challenges - having to build most of it beforehand in particular was a new on one me. I still nedd to find a way of refining my finish though - hopefully that will come with time.

Wouter - Many thanks. I did really enjoy doing the helmet. It was challenging, but there was loads of detail to play with.

D

Daniel Horvath

Morning Peter ! its looks amazing ! you are a master of this art sir ! congratulation ! Regards Danny

D

Deleted member 6559

Morning Danny - Another early riser - putting the finishing touches to that amazing dio no doubt. Many thanks.