Skeletal Fokker

First Name
Mike
This is the Eduard 1/72 strip-down Fokker Dr.1, which is (almost) entirely photo-etch. (You can see pics of the kit contents in Gregg's thread.) The build was more straightforward than it might look, though I still found it a challenge, largely due to my own clumsiness; I even managed to knock it flying across the workbench a couple of times when it was close to being finished. There's a full build article in the latest Airfix Model World.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Wow look at the detail for such a small kit I thought it was going to be at least 1/24 scale when I saw the first pic and you've done a fantastic job I must say that takes some skill to get it looking so good well done.

Is that real wood ?

First Name
Mike
Thanks Alan. No, it's all photo-etch painted to look like wood (except the prop, which is plastic...)

peterairfix

SMF Supporter
First Name
peter
I am gobsmacked at all the detail for such a small sized aircraft all i can say is wow.

Peter t

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
Thanks Alan. No, it's all photo-etch painted to look like wood (except the prop, which is plastic...)
Mate you've done a fantastic job to make it look like would I'm in awe of it I really am

First Name
Gregg
\ said:
This is the Eduard 1/72 strip-down Fokker Dr.1, which is (almost) entirely photo-etch. (You can see pics of the kit contents in Gregg's thread.) The build was more straightforward than it might look, though I still found it a challenge, largely due to my own clumsiness; I even managed to knock it flying across the workbench a couple of times when it was close to being finished. There's a full build article in the latest Airfix Model World.
Sh*t, just put mine back in the cupboard after seeing this.

I bought another I saw cheap, to use as spares for what I know I would break/lose

No way I can do this justice, and after I'd bought the Tamiya photo etch scissors as well !!!!!!!

Gregg

First Name
Dave
I'd take my hat off to you Mike,if I wore one.Thats way beyond my skill level.Did you use solder or superglue?.The wood effect on the prop is very impressive.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
That is rather amazing. You even made my wife swear (again).

Great job on the wood effect.

Ian M

First Name
Mike
Thanks a lot for your kind comments.

\ said:
I'd take my hat off to you Mike,if I wore one.Thats way beyond my skill level.Did you use solder or superglue?.The wood effect on the prop is very impressive.
Dave, I just used superglue for the main joints and Gatorglue (essentially PVA glue) where tensile strength wasn't needed. One of these days I'll learn how to solder.

L

Laurie

Very nice indeed Mike.

It looks incredible and then with the Tamiya bottle next to it I realised the scale very dramatic.

Which optician's do you go for wonder specs ?

Laurie

john

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
John
Can't add to what has already been said, just amazing

P

Polux

Wow! Simply perfect!

The wood effect is great.

:smiling3: :smiling3: :smiling3: I have been 5 minuts looking and observing how you do the wood effect :smiling3: :smiling3: :smiling3:

Will try it :D

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Another fabulous build to add to your already awesome collection Mike!

Gern

Lee W

Rum before 10 makes you a pirate not an alcoholic
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
:eek:...I quit!!! :sad:

That's fantastically fantastic;)

Lee :smiling3:

S

spongtastic

That's amazing, my eyes hurt just looking at it without even considering trying to building it!

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
wow , breath taking build so so small and so much detail, :D

cannot add more other than just amazing work, top job ++ :rolleyes: