Skeletal Fokker

First Name
Gregg
\ said:
This is the Eduard 1/72 strip-down Fokker Dr.1, which is (almost) entirely photo-etch. (You can see pics of the kit contents in Gregg's thread.) The build was more straightforward than it might look, though I still found it a challenge, largely due to my own clumsiness; I even managed to knock it flying across the workbench a couple of times when it was close to being finished. There's a full build article in the latest Airfix Model World.
Just out of interest, how long from start to finish Mike ?

T

treyzx10r

Mike that is over the top ,really impressive especially at that scale! Very nicely done Sir!!!

First Name
Mike
Thanks again for your kind words. Seriously, all of the hard work has been done by Eduard in the engineering of this kit, the finished thing looks much more impressive than the work that went into it. Gregg, I'm not sure of the hours that went into it but it took me about 3 weeks of evenings.

First Name
Sebastijan aka Seb
wonderful looking Dr.1! I have a stripdown Fokker D.VIII in my stash but to be honest, I don't dare start building it

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Oh.... My....Lord!

That is very well done. There's not a great deal to add to what the other guys have already stated. But another gong is going on the pile

Superb workmanship on such a small scale

Paul

bazers

SMF Supporter
First Name
barry
I thought this was good untill i saw the paint bottle !!!!!!!!.

if i could work out how to get the little icons on the page you would get a medal from me.

First Name
Gregg
\ said:
I thought this was good untill i saw the paint bottle !!!!!!!!.if i could work out how to get the little icons on the page you would get a medal from me.
Icons are lower right hand of your posting area!

Gregg

C

Caledonia

Mike, that is seriously scary stuff. Makes my eyes sore just looking at it, your skills with PE are unbelievable mate. Cheers Derek

A

Airfix Modeller Freak

Fantastic mate, those eduard kits are super detailed.

John