Slum

First Name
Charles
Working on this for a while. I have been looking at many pics of Slum areas from around the world and thought it would be 'different' to model something using this subject matter as an inspiration. I have not seen many or should I say, this subject matter, modelled before. As always, I try to be different and not follow a certain trend. So here is what I have modelled so far.

The corrugated zinc, were done using foil paper and a mechanism that makes the corrugated design. I bought from some store. I do not remember but you can get a similar one from Panduro. I am cheap, so I will use anything possible. But I found another material. Use aluminum platter that bakers use to put cakes or food on. I found some cheaper ones at a cheap store for very little money. I cut out everything around it and use the bottom which was perfect. Thanks for looking.

BTW, if you type in Slum in Google's search window, you will see many different types from around the world. It is a shame, all governments do not put in the efforts to change this. With all the money they put into their military and such.

Apologies for the bad photos. My camera got smashed a couple of times and the plastic has lots of scratches which leaves a shadowy cloud at the bottom of the camera. So it is hard to adjust.

Last edited by a moderator:
P

Polux

It's a nice and detailed build, but over all, is different!

Cheers

Polux

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Wheres the truck lol

As you say something very different but 110% well done.

Ian M

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Simply beautiful!

On a side note, while I agree there are slum areas that should not exist, that crude hut is still far superior to what most humans have had to live in throughout the history of mankind.

Gern

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Now that is my kind of thing. I love wrecks, battered, sunken etc. This is well executed with lots of pieces for the eye to feast on yet without detracting from the main focal point, the shack.

Superb Charles, top work and as has been mentioned, very different.

Si:smiling3:

First Name
Charles
Thank you Ian and Si. appreciate the comments to a well known subject matter that not many would like to discuss. A link to some slum photos: https://www.google.se/search?q=slum&client=firefox-a&hs=Gmd&rls=org.mozilla:sv-SE:official&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=rMaVUoOlI6m8ygOi9YCYBA&ved=0CAkQ_AUoAQ&biw=1680&bih=920

tanktrack

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
makes you think, as I look around at my domain , excellent diorama .

steve

First Name
Charles
Sure does make one think. ;) Thanks for looking.

M

mobear

looks like a hut from `district 9`the film about aliens in south africa,its an awesome build

mobear

First Name
Charles
Thanks Ole. Darn good film. I liked it a lot.

C

CDW

Brilliant as usual Charles, to be honest...I don't expect anything less from you :smiling3: :smiling3: :smiling3:

First Name
Gregg
This is not only different it is 'BRILLIANT'

I keep having to go back and look at all the different views, & each time I see something I missed before!

Gregg

First Name
Charles
Thanks for the uplifting words from the both of you.

T

tecdes

Amazing how clever it is to build a slum which looks so real. Nice detailing the pots & pans & like the magazine just lying around, Brilliant Charles

Photos look perfect to me.

Laurie